PED Suspensions Coming

Sessh

59 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I disagree with your opinion.  Cal was a follow the rules, obsessive personality  type...just like Gehrig.  

That's fine. I was born and raised in Aberdeen. Opinions of Cal aren't as wholesome as the picture painted. But whatever. I'll leave it at that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sometimes on the road they would put Gehrig in the lineup as the SS hitting leadoff.  He'd bat once and be replaced in the bottom of the first.

Yeah. I personally don't have any groundbreaking evidence to support my opinion about Ripken. He was my favorite Oriole growing up. But I have my doubts he could play as physical a position he played at the intensity he played it without a little boost to help him feel better a little faster. Maybe 91 was just a year it all clicked for a 30 year old. His age 35 season was pretty good too.

2 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

That's fine. I was born and raised in Aberdeen. Opinions of Cal aren't as wholesome as the picture painted. But whatever. I'll leave it at that.

Yeah, I’d heard he wasn’t always that personable, but I don’t know how you make the leap to what you’re claiming.

3 hours ago, tntoriole said:

We shall see.  There was an interactive quiz at the Hall of Fame asking vsitors tnat very question...92 percent of fan visitors said No to ever admitting any PEDs users.   Ask Shoeless Joe and Pete Rose how long the institutional  memory of the HOF voters can be...  If it was up to me, they would never have plaques...a special exhibit that identifies their cheating and drug use? sure..That is how it is handled now at HOF. 

Shoeless Joe and Pete Rose are not being kept out of the HOF by "HOF voters".   The Hall of Fame does not allow them to be on the ballot because they are banned from baseball.   So no Hall of Fame voter has ever actually done anything to keep them out of the hall.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ledzepp8 said:

I'm still trying to understand how it's fair for his suspension to run concurrently with his time on the DL.  That's not a suspension. That's time he was already going to miss anyhow.  Seems like some major BS.

Complete and utter BS.

Welcome to MLB, who knows how their mind works, its baffling.

Knock the NFL all you want, at least they are more consistent with their decisions

7 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

Yeah, I’d heard he wasn’t always that personable, but I don’t know how you make the leap to what you’re claiming.

Not claiming anything. I said it's my opinion. Everyone thinks Cal is this greater than thou person that would never do anything against the rules. I simply said from personal experience and knowledge from others, that he's not necessarily the good guy that he's always made out to be. As for the PED, that's strictly my opinion. His workout buddy was Brady Anderson. That raises a flag to some degree. I don't really care either way. Someone mentioned Cal and PED, and I just gave my opinion on it. I'm not trying to convince anyone he did or didn't. 

7 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

I had the pleasure to hang out with him while he was having a few beers with personal friends of his. Seemed pretty much like you would think a jock like him would be. Pretty normal. 

• Thanks 1