PED Suspensions Coming

Sessh

So you are saying the bat toss is proof that he uses PED's?

I'm saying that is the only reason for someone to bring it up in this thread. This thread about steroid suspensions up coming. If they think so. To me it is not proof. Nor does it refute it.

I'm saying that is the only reason for someone to bring it up in this thread. This thread about steroid suspensions up coming. If they think so. To me it is not proof. Nor does it refute it.
I was going to say if losing your cool on the field is proof of PED use, then Earl, Lou, Billy, were all juicing, not to mention George Brett. :laughlol:

But it does certainly mean that he was not trying to hit Donaldson with the bat.

Ugh. No. If he didn't realize that Donaldson was out of the game, he would have been trying (intending) to hit Donaldson, even if Donaldson wasn't there. I do think that is the most plausible explanation for why Manny did that. (If he was mad at the pitcher he would have thrown the bat at the pitcher).

Anyway, we will never know what was going through Manny's head in that moment, and in any case it is irrelevant to the thread.

Ugh. No. If he didn't realize that Donaldson was out of the game, he would have been trying (intending) to hit Donaldson, even if Donaldson wasn't there. I do think that is the most plausible explanation for why Manny did that. (If he was mad at the pitcher he would have thrown the bat at the pitcher).

Anyway, we will never know what was going through Manny's head in that moment, and in any case it is irrelevant to the thread.

So you think that:

1- Manny didn't know that a defensive replacement had been named

2- Couldn't recognize it wasn't Donaldson from 90 feet

3- Couldn't come reasonably close to hitting someone with a thrown bat from 90 feet.

I disagree with at least two of those.

So you think that:

1- Manny didn't know that a defensive replacement had been named

2- Couldn't recognize it wasn't Donaldson from 90 feet

3- Couldn't come reasonably close to hitting someone with a thrown bat from 90 feet.

I disagree with at least two of those.

It was a bizarre incident for sure, but yes, that was my interpretation. Frankly no explanation makes sense.

It was a bizarre incident for sure, but yes, that was my interpretation. Frankly no explanation makes sense.

I'll go with the one I posited earlier.

Manny had his knees thrown at, he was going to throw the bat at the pitcher but as the last second decided to hang onto it long enough that it sailed toward the third base bag (where the third baseman wasn't playing).

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...