Is this Rickard's slump or just emerging to ...?

BirdAttack

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is hitting a lot of pitches in the zone for medium or weak impact. Since he has a lot of LD that tells me he is hitting a lot of lazy FB.

That does not look good.

Despite the same Batting AVG, hitting the ball hard and unfortunately getting out is a different story.

BTW, why did Joey stop at 2nd if he thought Matt's deep ball will be a hit?

Considering the hang time, I thought he would be turning 3rd at the time of the throw.

I think running was the right decision, but surprised to see him at 2nd despite his speed.

Wasn't able to watch the game today, but followed on gamecast. Another homer for Joey, can't say I saw that coming. Any commentary on how he hit it, how it looked, where it went?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a bad pitch (slider, I think) left inside middle-ish. It wasn't hit that well and was blown out by the wind. It landed in the front row in left field and the left fielder just missed it and probably should have caught it.

Rickard did have a good day in the field for the first time in forever, though. Hit the cutoff man leading to an out at home plate in the first inning to cut down a fourth run and made a diving catch in the gap.

Wasn't able to watch the game today, but followed on gamecast. Another homer for Joey, can't say I saw that coming. Any commentary on how he hit it, how it looked, where it went?

Just made it over the wall but he hit it hard, more of a LD. Also a walk, a single and R scored. But what impressed me most were three great plays in the OF. He had a good day for someone who is supposed to be a terrible fielder.

Here's the video. Wind was blowing out and he hit it up into the wind and still barely made it out.

Here's the video. Wind was blowing out and he hit it up into the wind and still barely made it out.

The anti-Rickard stuff is getting tired bud. We understand. He's not Kim. Rickard did win the game early with his great D before the bats put it away. Wind was not bowing out at that point. I know. I was there. It was a very short homer.

Just made it over the wall but he hit it hard, more of a LD. Also a walk, a single and R scored. But what impressed me most were three great plays in the OF. He had a good day for someone who is supposed to be a terrible fielder.

This is the truth.

Archived