vs. TIGERS, 5/12

Sessh

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hasn't been a problem beating the Tigers for other teams.

They were 14-10 and lost 8 of 9. That is a good lineup and that staff outside of Zimmerman isn't good but I don't think they are as bad as they have been either.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• They only have 4 top 100 guys left. They will run out soon which is their worry if they bring guys up
    • They seem like they won't use the minor league options though. 
    • I'm curious to see if it is immediate IL or downshifting to Irvin's swingman role is possible. He has been preventing runs early in games, and if it is just stamina he might still be a puzzle piece in the upcoming stretch. Obviously possible something acute happened on one of the pitches yesterday, if so that might make him a 2025-2026 two year kind of guy like Mahle or Woodruff from this past offseason if somebody really likes him.
    • Tampa also rolled the dice on him one offseason with leaving him off the 40-man roster when his name was prominent as a top Rule 5 candidate. Nobody did the Anthony Santander thing out of A-ball with a catcher. He was a high school bat who commanded a $1.6M bonus, and some of why high school catchers maybe have 2nd place to high school pitchers as a risky demographic is they take so long to develop. The Mariners have Cal Raleigh now and Harry Ford later.    It makes "who will the backup catcher be in 2025" less of a mystery starting out the offseason.
    • Sure, he’s by no means somebody that the Orioles should be overly resistant to part with if he’s a necessary piece in a deadline deal. But he’s not superfluous in the system so he’s not somebody I would expect they look to offer up as trade bait. I think the Orioles will try to deal from their strength in infield, corner OF and C, and avoid trying to deal any pitchers or CF. But if the team they’re trading with is demanding pitching or CF in return, Fabian and others the Orioles would probably prefer to hang onto will be on the table. Like when the Orioles traded Zach Showalter in the Flaherty deal last year, likely because the Cardinals were demanding pitching. 
    • Please please please stop with the Bauer! It's unbelievably tired, and smarter minds than you or I have decided that he's not worth the trouble. That means something. ME knows what he's doing.
    • It’s been a dramatic reversal. His command also looked good in Spring Training - 4 BB in 10.2 IP - so it was surprising to see it so bad early in the year. Hopefully it was just that back injury leading to the command issues and he’s over it now. 
  • Popular Contributors