Time to DFA Ubaldo

LookitsPuck

As much as I want to DFA Ubaldo, I don't see how you do that with his contract. I think the best we can hope for is that Gallardo comes back healthy and Ubaldo sits on the bench. To make room, I'd DFA Matusz in a heartbeat.

Can't believe this team has the best record in the AL right now while having three of the worst pitchers on their roster: Ubaldo, Matusz and Gallardo. Buck likes what he sees with Gallardo now and I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed he works out.

If the Dodgers offered Carl Crawford for Ubaldo straight up, would you want the Orioles to take that deal? That's the only way I can see the Orioles getting rid of Ubaldo. It would have to be for an equally bad short-term contract.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He needs to be DFA'ed if for no other reason than it would truly hammer home how horrible DD's moves have been as it concerns sacrificing assets to acquire pitching. From Bud Norris to Ubaldo to etc.

The Orioles have the best record in the American League. How is that going to hammer home anything? Moves you don't like have led to 2 playoff appearances and the current best record in baseball. Every team has bad moves.

Highest pitching contract in team history.. it's rough.

It isn't like Jiminez is getting close to David Price money. The Os are going bargain basement when it comes to their big free agent contracts.

It's silly that DD record on free agent signings is atrocious?

Look what DD has done. Playoffs after 15 years. The team is doing good now.

Look at what he has done overall for the team. Please take off your dislike of DD

glasses so you can see more clearly.

Look what DD has done. Playoffs after 15 years. The team is doing good now.

Look at what he has done overall for the team. Please take off your dislike of DD

glasses so you can see more clearly.

Before you whirl insults, get your facts straight. I like DD but also realize his FA signings have been bad. Fact. And most fans realize Buck is the cause of our winning fortunes.

Tell me which DD FA signings beyond AJ you liked. Not trades, but FA signings. Go.

Before you whirl insults, get your facts straight. I like DD but also realize his FA signings have been bad. Fact. And most fans realize Buck is the cause of our winning fortunes.

Tell me which DD FA signings beyond AJ you liked. Not trades, but FA signings. Go.

I'd start with Chen and Cruz

Archived