Orioles Promote Tolliver

wildcard

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joe Jordan...sigh...You wonder if Givens could have been a starter if we drafted him as a P like everyone else had him as.

Probably not. It's hard to be the best at any one thing, let alone among the best at something else. Everyone thought Anthony Rendon would be an All Star. It's hard to be a major leaguer no matter who drafts or develops you.

I thought they might bring up Oliver. I guess they wanted a lefty.Welcome Tolliver. Consider yourself one of the family.Should be good against the Artful Dodger.

I am sure they wanted a lefty. And there was room on the 40 man for a player with options.

Probably not. It's hard to be the best at any one thing, let alone among the best at something else. Everyone thought Anthony Rendon would be an All Star. It's hard to be a major leaguer no matter who drafts or develops you.

Not true, some of us thought his ankles would shatter under the strain of playing second. ;)

Another good outing today. Now 1.69 ERA, 0.75 WHIP, 21 K's to 4 BB in 16 IP. It feels like he's been our organization forever. I remember Tony was high on him the season after we drafted him, before injuries derailed him. Maybe he'll persevere all the way to the majors.

I hope he does.

I predict Tolliver won't be here super long before he is optioned for a bat, a long man, etc. Thats his value. Optionable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a bat? I figured the team needs pitching more than bats. Seems to me the

hitters are doing well. IMO

Starting to heat up.

He's definitely found his groove at the plate, and Rendon now has four multi-hit performances in his last five games while hitting .405 (17-for-42) over his last 12 outings. He hasn't homered since May 6, but six of those last 17 hits have gone for extra bases so it seems only a matter of time before he starts putting balls over the wall instead of into the gaps.

Scored 30 runs which is 6th in the NL.

Your talking about the Anthony Rendon that finished #5 in the 2014 MVP voting?

He was an all star, just not at the all star game

I predict Tolliver won't be here super long before he is optioned for a bat, a long man, etc. Thats his value. Optionable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he's here as a placeholder until Duensing is available. Either way, good for the young man. He's been around a long time and even if it's for a few days he can say he was in the big leagues.

Don't get me wrong though, when he's on he'll be able to get major leaguers out. His problem has always been consistency of stuff.

I think he's here as a placeholder until Duensing is available. Either way, good for the young man. He's been around a long time and even if it's for a few days he can say he was in the big leagues.

Don't get me wrong though, when he's on he'll be able to get major leaguers out. His problem has always been consistency of stuff.

Some nice long term benefits to be had by making it to the majors, even if only for one game.

Archived