vs. RED SOX, 5/30

Sessh

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know about this delay anyway. Even if they would have overturned it then it's a runner on third and one out with Bogaerts still up to bat. I'll take nobody on and two outs even if they have a run scored.

The runner would be on 2nd not third. Why in the world would you want a run on the board?

I don't know about this delay anyway. Even if they would have overturned it then it's a runner on third and one out with Bogaerts still up to bat. I'll take nobody on and two outs even if they have a run scored.

Bogaerts was on second base. You always take the run off the board when possible. It should be 0-0 still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The runner would be on 2nd not third. Why in the world would you want a run on the board?

That's true. That makes it even worse that we let him score from second there, I had already forgotten he was not on third to start that play. Whoops.

To answer the question, I thought that the odds of Bogaerts putting the ball in play to score the runner from third, with Wilson pitching and only one out, would be very high and i'd have been fine just to get the out. With the runner at second, I would change my opinion on that. Plus I'm just rationalizing it because the crew already determined it isn't reviewable and I don't understand that but rather than be angry about them not being allowed to get the call right, justify what happened with the silver lining view. Meh

Who's responsibility was it to cover HP, Wilson or Joseph?

Wilson. Joseph had to step towards first to make the throw. No dispute there. Like when the first baseman fields the ball, the Pitcher is responsible for the bag.

Archived