The Orioles need to stop worrying about OBP

weams

Davis missed a bomb by inches (if it all) foul, while Machado had one robbed by Bradley and Jones hit one to the warning track. I am not worried about this team's lack of power. I think it is great that AJ has been drawing walks and getting base hits to center and right field in the leadoff spot, and Kim is an OBP machine. Manny and Davis hit more HR when they are being more selective. It is not either/or. Both/and. Get guys on base = more pressure on the pitcher = better pitches to hit = 3-run homers. Patience is always a good thing.

Do you think the players have been any more worried about OBP the last ten days than they were before that? I doubt it. I agree it would be nice to see some dingers. We've had four homerless games in the last seven games, all losses. We are 5-12 in homerless games, and have lost the last six that we've played. Before that, we had held our own when lacking the long ball.

As most of us said at the beginning of the year, this team will win it's share of games when they hit home runs. The hope was all of them won't go cold at the same time, but that's exactly what they've done.

Trumbo carried the team for a bit, and Machado as well, but now, no one has really gotten on that hot streak to carry the team while the others struggle.

Do you think the players have been any more worried about OBP the last ten days than they were before that? I doubt it. I agree it would be nice to see some dingers. We've had four homerless games in the last seven games, all losses. We are 5-12 in homerless games, and have lost the last six that we've played. Before that, we had held our own when lacking the long ball.

No. I don't. I believe this team is built on the home run.

How'd you like that .479 OBP tonight, weams? .479 OPS + .333 BA with RISP + 0 HR = 13 runs.

Chis Davis walked 4 times in 5 plate appearances.

The team walked 9 times in 8 innings.

Davis missed a bomb by inches (if it all) foul, while Machado had one robbed by Bradley and Jones hit one to the warning track. I am not worried about this team's lack of power. I think it is great that AJ has been drawing walks and getting base hits to center and right field in the leadoff spot, and Kim is an OBP machine. Manny and Davis hit more HR when they are being more selective. It is not either/or. Both/and. Get guys on base = more pressure on the pitcher = better pitches to hit = 3-run homers. Patience is always a good thing.

And to prove the point: Kim had another walk and 3 hits (incl. a double in the gap) last night. He seems to have found his stroke and timing. I love him and Adam setting the table for the MOO.

Archived