April 28/August 25, Orioles at White Sox

bretholmes4

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tell me honestly that you believe if somebody got on base more than Mora in front of Nick Markakis that we wouldn't score more runs. Those singles or XBH's from Markakis might score 2 runs instead of only one or none. Mora is not a #2 hitter and he's not getting on base. Jones could be as he's fast and he's seeing the ball well and could get even better pitches to hit in front of Markakis. Scott gets a hit or walks almost every game and is taking pitches, which is more than I can say for Millar right now. Huff is also hitting better than Millar and is taking pitches. I don't know what you are thinking if you don't think that team pitches around Markakis just to get to Millar and just maybe Markakis would get even better pitches to hit if he had somebody who could hit behind him.

I don't what to tell you other than the fact that I expect someone who posts on a message board as much as you do to realize you don't judge a player solely on 2-3 weeks of play. Mora is one of our best obp guys in the lineup- so is Millar for that matter. Jones will struggle to have an obp of 330 this year. Guys are hitting the ball right now better than Millar and Mora sure but you don't just move guys around because of 2 weeks of abs. In that case we might as well cut Jamie Walker and Adam Loewen. Also, you don't put 3 lefties in a row in the middle of your lineup. That just isn't smart. Sorry you're wrong.

Archived