So Who Is In Our Rotation?

Aristotelian

With Wright replacing O'Day, it looked like he was going to the bullpen, which many folks on the board have been advocating. But he started and actually pitched well. Ubaldo pitched well today. Tyler Wilson has been more consistent overall than Wright or Ubaldo, but has faltered lately, losing all four of his last starts (5, 3, 3, and 5 runs).

Gallardo pitched OK in Norfolk. 5 innings, 3 runs, 5 K's, touched low 90s.

Roch says they are not going with a 6-man rotation. Gallardo and Ubaldo appear to be lined up on the same slot. Does that mean Ubaldo is the odd man out when Gallardo returns?

Wright was just optioned and would probably be in AAA if not for the injury to O'Day. Did he do enough in his last start to get his spot back?

So what's the plan?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ubaldo did NOT pitch well today.

He went 5 and left 9 guys on base.

That is not good pitching, it's lucky.

Eh. It wasn't pretty, but he also did not get hit hard. The one inning they scored included an infield single. Of course the walk was on Ubaldo.

He pitched well enough to get two more outs due to an error by Davis on a spinning grounder and AJ dropped one that was in his glove on the run.

Seems like if Worley was a contender they would not have brought Wright back. That move is what has me confused.

Eh. It wasn't pretty, but he also did not get hit hard. The one inning they scored included an infield single. Of course the walk was on Ubaldo.

He pitched well enough to get two more outs due to an error by Davis on a spinning grounder and AJ dropped one that was in his glove on the run.

Seems like if Worley was a contender they would not have brought Wright back. That move is what has me confused.

I think Mike just needed to get his head out of his arse. The reason he is so emotional is that his mother has a rare disease (I believe a rare form of Alzimers), doctors told him she has 2 more years before her memory is gone entirely. That and most of his MLB paychecks go to provide care for her. I understand it, but sometimes you need a wake up call to keep your emotions in check.

He still showed a lack of command and decreased velocity.

It's basically what we've seen from him all season it's just that KC didn't get that one big dagger hit.

He still wasn't good. He just wasn't abysmal. I'm ready for gallardo to take his spot although there is ZERO guarantee he will be any better.

He still showed a lack of command and decreased velocity.

It's basically what we've seen from him all season it's just that KC didn't get that one big dagger hit.

He still wasn't good. He just wasn't abysmal. I'm ready for gallardo to take his spot although there is ZERO guarantee he will be any better.

Gallardo has better location, Jimenez has better stuff overall. Coin flip for me.

Yeah sadly neither option seems great. Even more depressing when you remember what we've given up to get both of them.

Well, these moves are either a blessing or a curse. Jimenez is a mixed bag, and Gallardo's has yet to be written

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

Archived