Should we be concerned with attendance numbers yet?

Aglets

difference is 4,132 peeps, according to BBREF

Not sure, any of that can be to the riots. I think thats a bit of a stretch.

Last year through may they averaged 32.5 fans a game til the riots hit. So i think that has a factor and also you have to remember last year we were coming off a AL East championship and that helped I believe to the casual fans who might have added a season package not full but short one. This year they are off a season that did not even make the playoffs.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...also you have to remember last year we were coming off a AL East championship and that helped I believe to the casual fans who might have added a season package not full but short one. This year they are off a season that did not even make the playoffs.

Great minds think alike. :) The Western NC contingency is in agreement. Haha.

Last year through may they averaged 32.5 fans a game til the riots hit. So i think that has a factor and also you have to remember last year we were coming off a AL East championship and that helped I believe to the casual fans who might have added a season package not full but short one. This year they are off a season that did not even make the playoffs.

IMO, and thats all this is, IMO.

I think the combination of very bad weather, not making the playoffs last season and the change to the smaller season ticket plan are the major reasons for the drop.

Great minds think alike. :) The Western NC contingency is in agreement. Haha.

Yeah not getting to go to Oriole games is one of the bad things. Luckily I can watch them on direct tv. My wife says other companies come by with flyers and about changing services and the first thing she knows to ask know is does it get the Orioles.

There are a lot of factors - I really think the terrible weather crushed games early on and that is dragging down overall averages. School is also still in session in much of the area right now at least for another week or two because of the blizzard and that hurts weeknight games for commuters from the counties.

Once school is finally out weeknight games will pick up.

Ticket increase is big. I have also not seen much excitement for this years team. Really not sure why that is. I think it is a combo. Promotions.increased ticket prices,riots.They do not have Ollie's Bargain Nights. Most other teams do promotions during the week and even weekends. Family fan packs,$1.00 sodas,$1.00 hot dogs,$5.00 special tickets,etc.Food and drink with a ticket. What happened to the 5 game packs or four game packs? The Orioles had a giveaway and drew 28,000. The day before 14,000.

Ticket increase is bog. I have also not seen much excitement for this years team. Really not sure why that is. I think it is a combo. Promotions.increased ticket prices,riots.They do not have Ollie's Bargain Nights. Most other teams do promotions during the week and even weekends. Family fan packs,$1.00 sodas,$1.00 hot dogs,$5.00 special tickets,etc.Food and drink with a ticket. What happened to the 5 game packs or four game packs? The Orioles had a giveaway and drew 28,000. The day before 14,000.

Only one more weekend series against the Yankees. None against Boston. The weekend series don't look like great draws. Might get people with promotions. The weekend series left are Jays,Rays,Angels,Indians,Astros,Yankees,Rays and Dbacks.They had the Nationals on a weekend and drew over 45,000 a game.

It is highly likely that attendance will be down substantially in 2016, except we might be in for a stronger September if there's a barn-burner of a pennant race going on. Last year we were more or less out of contention after getting swept by the Twins in late August.

I don't know all the causes, but the ticket price hike is a factor, and they were very late in announcing the prices and the plan options.

Yeah not getting to go to Oriole games is one of the bad things. Luckily I can watch them on direct tv. My wife says other companies come by with flyers and about changing services and the first thing she knows to ask know is does it get the Orioles.

Yep...I had to get Directv too, and I have AT&T folks come by quite a bit when I work from home. When I mention the reason I am content with Directv is because of MASN, they always say "I think we have that." And I politely say "no, you don't." Haha.

Luckily, I still do get to travel up to Baltimore to go to games pretty frequently.

Yep...I had to get Directv too, and I have AT&T folks come by quite a bit when I work from home. When I mention the reason I am content with Directv is because of MASN, they always say "I think we have that." And I politely say "no, you don't." Haha.

Luckily, I still do get to travel up to Baltimore to go to games pretty frequently.

AT&T brought out Directv, didn't they?

AT&T brought out Directv, didn't they?

They did, but they still have the cable offering as well. I wondered why they were trying to switch me off one AT&T product to another one, but I guess that particular salesperson would make a little money if I did. Since the merger went through, they don't come by nearly as often though.

They did, but they still have the cable offering as well. I wondered why they were trying to switch me off one AT&T product to another one, but I guess that particular salesperson would make a little money if I did. Since the merger went through, they don't come by nearly as often though.

I have never heard any of my friends with DirectTV happy with their service, before the merger or after the merger.

I am AT&T and I get offers all the time, and just not interested in changing my cable.

Archived