Great to listen to Brady

Frobby

Brady's mic was discernibly inferior to Gary's. That didn't help.

I saw he had the mic basically under his chin. Someone on the MASN production team should have corrected the levels between innings.

I liked hearing what Brady had to say, but sometimes it sounded like he was calling into the booth from a pay phone in Modesto.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brady is great and offers a ton of invaluable insight, he just doesn't have the ideal voice for the job.

I'd still take him over Bordick though. Given some extra preparation time and practice, I think he could improve his delivery. Obviously this was probably just a one-off sort of thing though.

Brady is great and offers a ton of invaluable insight, he just doesn't have the ideal voice for the job.

I'd still take him over Bordick though. Given some extra preparation time and practice, I think he could improve his delivery. Obviously this was probably just a one-off sort of thing though.

Yep, it would be a pretty big pay cut for one thing, I imagine.

Yesterday when I heard Bordick was under the weather I thought it would be a nice break to miss his monotonous, homerism filled commentary. But then Brady popped up in the booth. I thought he was terrible. He had a flat, non-interested, emotionless form of delivery. I realize he was pitching in to help Thorne cover the game but that appearance yesterday should represent the end of his broadcast career. He's probably a good guy to sit down with and have a beer with and discuss baseball or a worthy pre-game interview subject but that's about it.

Yesterday when I heard Bordick was under the weather I thought it would be a nice break to miss his monotonous, homerism filled commentary. But then Brady popped up in the booth. I thought he was terrible. He had a flat, non-interested, emotionless form of delivery. I realize he was pitching in to help Thorne cover the game but that appearance yesterday should represent the end of his broadcast career. He's probably a good guy to sit down with and have a beer with and discuss baseball or a worthy pre-game interview subject but that's about it.

I don't care how the guy sounds or if he seems excited. I care about the baseball side of the game and prior players like Brady give the best insight IMO.

Brady is a smart baseball man. He's not an announcer though. His monotone, bland delivery was not good to listen to IMHO. I'd love to sit around and talk baseball with the guy, but it doesn't come across on TV or the radio.

Brady is a smart baseball man. He's not an announcer though. His monotone, bland delivery was not good to listen to IMHO. I'd love to sit around and talk baseball with the guy, but it doesn't come across on TV or the radio.

Nailed it. When he gave that taped long happy birthday message to Buck, I nearly fell asleep. I really wanted to like him in the booth, but he's an awful public speaker. But I think he's like about 90% of baseball guys anyway. Being a good broadcaster isn't as easy as it looks. He certainly had some marvelous things to say, just was flat and it detracted from the good analysis. He's got the right job and I'm glad he was just filling in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought his story about his father throwing tennis balls at his head was interesting...lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do that with my boys and unlike many of their teammates in little league they actually know how to turn away from balls and they don't cry when they get hit. I have them wear helmets so they do not get hurt, but this is necessary to train them.

The guy was filling in because Bordick was sick. I missed most of the game on TV but let's not act like he is going to be a broadcaster for the team. They just didn't want Gary alone. Brady along with Eddie Murray and Mike Boddicker and maybe someone else I remember did broadcast some games in 2010.

He was hard to listen to in my opinion. He may know what he is talking about, but he didn't do it in a way that was good for TV. Too much dead air on his part. Shows how great Palmer is when he is on MASN.

Better he talks too little than too much if he's not completely comfortable. Personally I kinda like watching a TV game without a whole lot of unnecessary chatter. It's not really dead air if there's a baseball game going on and IMO the really great broadcasters understand that they don't need to talk all the time.

Archived