We've missed Manny the last two days IMO

Frobby

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should add, we covered well for O'Day the first ten days or so that he was out, but his absence has hurt us recently with Brach and Givens having to extend to two innings quite often and then not being available or being less effective the next time out.

I should add, we covered well for O'Day the first ten days or so that he was out, but his absence has hurt us recently with Brach and Givens having to extend to two innings quite often and then not being available or being less effective the next time out.

I think that may be the biggest issue we have right now. The rotation is what it is.

We missed Manny last night and O'day tonight. Probably Worley tomorrow should be starting.

Our depth has taken a hit and having to have so many long men in the pen is hurting the middle relief. Especially Ubaldo. He's useless, and he's probably going to start tomorrow. At this point I say DL Duensing, DFA Ubaldo and call up Wright and Roe/Beato. Ubaldo not only is costing us when he's pitching but he's hurting the numbers game in the pen.

You never know, but there's a good chance we would have won one or both of the last two games with Manny at 3B and in the lineup.

I was thinking about this tonight at work. Manny, at least right now, is an RBI a night. Or more. We're 1-2 now without him. He might have made a difference in Texas. Might have cost us one game. Tomorrow v SD will tell the tale. We might just trounce them. It happens some days.

No doubt. I'm hoping Manny comes back after his suspension with vengeance and runs away with the MVP!

Yeah it might help us and him and the long run. I am not a huge fan of a guy playing 162 games and if he doesn't get suspended he may have. Last year he dipped some in teh 2nd half and i think might have worn down some. That is one thing I would like Buck to do more is rest a starter a bit more. In past years Jones, Davis and Machado and even Hardy when he didn't get hurt never seemed to get just an off day. Buck does a lot to protect the pen with getting rest but sometimes it seems to me to play the position key guys a bit to much. This year we have the offense that we can rest a guy like Davis and even Machado and Jones and still not loose to much so I would hope he lets Jones and Davis get a day or two off this year.

We missed his glove for sure and we missed his presence in the lineup. Im pretty sure he'd have been a better bat than Trumbo who was just ghastly vs the Padres.For those who thought Manny "had to rush the mound" for his respect...remember what it cost us. I said it at the time and I'll say it again. The brawl was silly and selfish on Manny's part and he shouldve been in more control of his emotions.

Roy,

I respect your knowledge of the game and mostly agree with you, since you are an old school guy and been around the game for a long time.

At some point, you have to stand up for yourself. Ventura is a punk that throws at people, his own teammates are tried of his act.

Buck doesn't believe in payback pitches, rightly so.

Manny didn't take a bat with him, and you know when Buck and Manny had their talk in the dugout and warning Manny, you have to think this ran through Buck's mind and a possibility.

Looking at the glass is half full, it gave him some much needed rest to his legs.

Archived