O's have clinched their best mid-season record since 1997

Frobby

I will be at the games in Seattle and would be happy with a split. That would have us at 48 or 49 wins.

I love watching this team and feel pretty good about the offense in the 2nd half. I also felt good about this team last year and then the month of August happened where the team went into a funk. They need some SP help for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be at the games in Seattle, and would be happy with a split. That would have us at 48 or 49 wins.

I love watching this team and feel pretty good about the offense in the 2nd half. I also felt good about this team last year and then the month of August happened where the team went into a funk. They need some SP help for sure.

You bastard.

• 2 weeks later...

By winning their 46th game last night, the O's have clinched their best mid-season (81-game) record since 1997, when they went 54-27. Since then, the O's best mid-season mark came in 2013, when they were 45-36. Interestingly, in the two years in which the O's made the playoffs, they were only 42-39 at the halfway point.

It will be interesting to see how many wins the O's can add to their total over the next five games before they reach the halfway point.

The Orioles finished with a 47-34 record at the halfway mark.

They're 2-1 since then.

Archived