2016 Trade Deadline Thread (Done)

Rene88

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When DD tweets about carrying an extra pitcher, what the heck does that mean? Does it mean carry Ubaldo? Or keep Wilson even after adding Miley? Does it mean that Flaherty is on the roster margin too along with Reimold?

Ubaldo. Nolasco got traded. We will give up much more than we did today to trade him during waiver period.

Pleasantly surprised that Sisco and Mancini are still in the organization.

I was expecting to lose at least one of them since they are our most valuable trade commodities in the minors at the moment.

I just don't think DD ever saw a player he'd move one of these guys for. I firmly believe they were both "touchable," it'd just have to be for the right guy. And given what those "right guys" went for, it's hard to fault the O's for wanting to bargain shop.

Plus, you can't discount that both of those guys will almost assuredly be on the big club next year, making league minimum... Which would free up budget money to spend elsewhere.

I just don't think DD ever saw a player he'd move one of these guys for. I firmly believe they were both "touchable," it'd just have to be for the right guy. And given what those "right guys" went for, it's hard to fault the O's for wanting to bargain shop.

Plus, you can't discount that both of those guys will almost assuredly be on the big club next year, making league minimum... Which would free up budget money to spend elsewhere.

I like the idea of rolling with both of them next year (DH and Catcher) and using the excess cash to sign a right fielder and a starter.

Archived