Manny at 3B: 1 error in 40 games

Frobby

I know I'm an Oriole homer and I go to about 30 home games a year. Plus We go to Boston and NY to watch the Orioles. We see a bunch of O's games in person

But someone questioning Manny's defense?

Really?

Search for the April thread where a certain poster said he was just an average 3B now.

Not many third baseman make the final play Manny made to end the game today. Definitely not a routine play. Misplay it or fail to make it and its two runners on and some big hitters coming up. A very solid way to end the game and the first half of the season.I hope we find some way to sign Manny for a long term deal. I just think its going to take 30 million a year .

The beauty is he made it look so easy

Manny is the best defensive 3bman in the game in my opinion. If he's lost any range, it certainly hasn't affected him and he still has outstanding range. His arm is among the strongest in the game and the fact that he can move to SS and be effective there shows how good he really is at this point in his career.

Honestly, if one thing keeps me up in night about the Orioles is my concern that they will not resign him. He's the only player I've ever wanted to sign to a 10-year contract. If he gets to free agency we'll never be able to resign him.

Yeah.

I'm not the brightest guy in the world, but you throw the kitchen sink at Manny and Schoop.

And then get real pitchers

If you threw the kitchen sink at Manny or Schoop, they would pick it up, fire it to Chris Davis, and still get the base-runner by half a step.

Archived