Trade deadline possibilities

ChuckS

But they didn't need a closer.

Sure any team could use a Chapman in the bullpen and yes he will be a weapon in the playoffs.

But it wasn't a need, they have done very well closing out games in which they have led late.

He may not have been a true need, but the adding Chapman to their pen does provide true value to the team. It seems as if they viewed acquiring Chapman as more valuable to them than acquiring anyone else and they went for it.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may be too much of a sellers marker for the Orioles to really do anything. It'd be great to find a starter, but it just doesn't seem like we have the right pieces to get it done. At least, pieces we should be trading for what we'd be getting back.

This may be too much of a sellers marker for the Orioles to really do anything. It'd be great to find a starter, but it just doesn't seem like we have the right pieces to get it done. At least, pieces we should be trading for what we'd be getting back.

I think people are just over stating that to try and drive up prospects. However if you look at who is really in the playoff chase and who is available there are plenty of guys to go around. This is a list of the teams that are buyers.

Orioles(could use a starter)

Red Sox( could use a starter

Blue Jays( set in rotation)

Indians( set in rotation)

Tigers(could use a starter)

Rangers(could use a starter)

Astros(set in rotation)

Nats(set in rotation)

Mets(50/50) offense more a need

Marlins(could use a starter

Cubs(set in rotation)

Cardinals(set in rotation)

Pirates( no idea what they are doing have some veterns but young guys ready too)

Giants(could use a starter)

Dodgers(need starter if Kershaw out long)

So 8 teams probally in the market. This is the list of starters available IMO. Nova, Sabathia, Moore, Odorizzi, Sale, Gonzalez, Volguez, Santana, Hill Santiago, Hellickson, Descalifini, Stralley, De la Rosa, Cashner, Miller.

So 8 teams need starting help and there are 16 or so guys available I might be missing some and some are more available then others.

I think people are just over stating that to try and drive up prospects. However if you look at who is really in the playoff chase and who is available there are plenty of guys to go around. This is a list of the teams that are buyers.

Orioles(could use a starter)

Red Sox( could use a starter

Blue Jays( set in rotation)

Indians( set in rotation)

Tigers(could use a starter)

Rangers(could use a starter)

Astros(set in rotation)

Nats(set in rotation)

Mets(50/50) offense more a need

Marlins(could use a starter

Cubs(set in rotation)

Cardinals(set in rotation)

Pirates( no idea what they are doing have some veterns but young guys ready too)

Giants(could use a starter)

Dodgers(need starter if Kershaw out long)

So 8 teams probally in the market. This is the list of starters available IMO. Nova, Sabathia, Moore, Odorizzi, Sale, Gonzalez, Volguez, Santana, Hill Santiago, Hellickson, Descalifini, Stralley, De la Rosa, Cashner, Miller.

So 8 teams need starting help and there are 16 or so guys available I might be missing some and some are more available then others.

BJ's need a starter too with having Sanchez on an innings limit. They need a replacement.

Best thing for us would be to see some deals go down before the trade deadline and have a seller left without a dance partner. I think we're good at 5th starter types for now. We should be shooting in the 3ish range and probably a Lefty. August is probably when you'll see us make the little moves to sure up the team, like add a bat or a reliever., or a 5th starter type if needed.

If Sale gets traded, I hope it's to the NL.

BJ's need a starter too with having Sanchez on an innings limit. They need a replacement.

Best thing for us would be to see some deals go down before the trade deadline and have a seller left without a dance partner. I think we're good at 5th starter types for now. We should be shooting in the 3ish range and probably a Lefty. August is probably when you'll see us make the little moves to sure up the team, like add a bat or a reliever., or a 5th starter type if needed.

If Sale gets traded, I hope it's to the NL.

I think Sale goes to either the Rangers or the Dodgers. They have the best prospects to make a trade for him and could use a starter. He goes to the Rangers that is one tough three some for a few years in Hamels, Darvish and Sale.

I think Sale goes to either the Rangers or the Dodgers. They have the best prospects to make a trade for him and could use a starter. He goes to the Rangers that is one tough three some for a few years in Hamels, Darvish and Sale.

Assuming the Orioles COULD give up the farm for Sale, should they?

Helickson, Santiago, Cashner, Moore. Which one. When?

I don't think teams are going to be interested in our SP's in AA/AAA. So we'd probably have to give up B.Gonzalez or O.Peralta just to get a guy like Hellickson. At that point is Hellickson that much of an upgrade over Worley/Bundy?

I'm hoping that we luck into Rich Hill somehow.

Archer- Tex

Sale- LAD

Teheran- BOS

Hellickson - MIA

Somehow Hill falls in our lap.

I don't think teams are going to be interested in our SP's in AA/AAA. So we'd probably have to give up B.Gonzalez or O.Peralta just to get a guy like Hellickson. At that point is Hellickson that much of an upgrade over Worley/Bundy?

I'm hoping that we luck into Rich Hill somehow.

Archer- Tex

Sale- LAD

Teheran- BOS

Hellickson - MIA

Somehow Hill falls in our lap.

I haven't heard any rumors on Rich Hill lately. I wonder what the market for him is looking like.

Since we have to keep Ubaldo now, I don't even see us making a move for a reliever (lefty) until late August. We can't afford to have another guy in the pen without options.

Do we even have flexibility right now,

Britton

Brach

O'day

Givens

Despaigne

Roe

Ubaldo

Only Despaigne and Givens have options. Givens isn't going anywhere. Despaigne is eating a lot of innings in the "rubber arm" role that Worley left behind. Roe is one short start away from being DFA'd probably.

This is why I don't get starting Ubaldo on Thursday and only having a 6 man pen with 3 other SP's that aren't expected to go deep into games.

Archived