Trade deadline possibilities

ChuckS

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think he is any better than what we have. If he ends up here it better not be anything more than a C prospect going to San Diego.

We already know who they like from the failed Upton deal.

Watch them get one of the guys they targeted after agreeing to eat a hunk of Cashner's salary.

I don't think he is any better than what we have. If he ends up here it better not be anything more than a C prospect going to San Diego.

Unrealistic. We arent moving sisco but lets not act like well be moving a 4th outfielser 2-3 years away for a big league sp/rp that can help.ctheres a reason there is several teams trying to get him regardless of what some people think on here.

Unrealistic. We arent moving sisco but lets not act like well be moving a 4th outfielser 2-3 years away for a big league sp/rp that can help.ctheres a reason there is several teams trying to get him regardless of what some people think on here.

I can't imagine the FO looking at him as a true upgrade. I'm going to keep the faith.

Rosenthal just mentioned we are pushing hard for Cashner too.

Thanks for sharing.

I would strongly prefer Santana since he is reasonably signed for the next few years and has pitched in the AL. For Cashner I wouldn't give up anything higher than our 20th ranked prospect.

I can't imagine the FO looking at him as a true upgrade. I'm going to keep the faith.

Qell several teams who are contending blvery much like him. He has great stuff, just isnt all thete. If we think we can fix him and he can fill in behind Bundy or come oiut of pen in short stints and throw gas like i onow he can hed definitely be an upgrade. Pretty sure rosenthal tweeeted most who eant him view him as a swingmsn, so a guy that can either be good in pen or start if needed.

He is better then Ubaldo pitching today. I think that the 5 we have is ok but nothing to back them up and I expect them to try and skip some starts with Bundy so we may need 6 guys. Bundy can't go every 5th day and pitch 6 innings and make it to the end of the year or atleast I hope that is their thinking because he will have a lot of innings.

Anyone else find it a bit ironic, the O's are looking to trade for a soon to be free agent pitcher who isn't as good as the pitcher under control who was released at the beginning of the season.

I know it would never happen but would rather see the O's trade for Miguel Gonzalez than Cashner.

Posted this in another thread, but Kemp is owed $70MM plus over the next 3+ years.

Any chance, if SD took Ubaldo back we could get out of this trade with Kemp and Cashner for minimal prospects and ~$25MM coming back?

Not a terrible idea, if they could make the money even out, I would be happy with that I think. Both players would probably benefit from switching parks. Kemp is signed for much longer than Ubaldo though, so SD would have to be willing to really eat a bunch of salary before I would consider it.

Not a terrible idea, if they could make the money even out, I would be happy with that I think. Both players would probably benefit from switching parks. Kemp is signed for much longer than Ubaldo though, so SD would have to be willing to really eat a bunch of salary before I would consider it.

Kemp's defense is terrible too though. Getting him for Ubaldo would just compound the problem. I know the offense is struggling but trading for a guy isn't the answer. Where would they play?

Trumbo's defense won't seem that bad in September when we have expanded rosters and defensive replacements for him late in the game. Same thing if we make the playoffs. Right now we just don't have the luxury of a Def replacement because of Ubaldo.

The revolving TBD door and Bundy. I'd really like it if we didn't run Bundy's arm and shoulder into the ground like his high school coaches did.
We can't send Bundy down, so who are you replacing. Eating Ubaldo's contract? DFA Roe? optioning Givens? If we add two SP we have an 9 man pen.

Archived