Trade deadline possibilities

ChuckS

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Santiago, Shields, Hellickson, Moore, Feldman, Hill, Santana are all realistic possibilities IMO. Some obviously more attractive than others, but any of those either upgrade our rotation or upgrade our starting pitching depth. I could see us getting someone like Feldman again and using them to help with the rotation depth.

His finger is still "Hot" so blisters.

I think this could help us. Other teams are going to want the sure thing/big names. We take a little risk. This is just like with our FA's we sign, we have to gamble a little.

Blisters could be a blessing for Hill. Limits the innings on his arm/shoulder this year. Plus his price is down. He's the type of guy that teams might hesitate to get before the 31st but easily would put a claim on him in August.

Another thing to keep in mind is that August claims for any trades go in reverse order by record. So BOS and TOR would try to block any trade to us. So with that in mind, we may have to get one of these guys before Aug. 1st.

I'd really want to keep Sisco, Mancini, Scott, Peralta, Mountcastle and Reyes. Don't want to sound unrealistic but maybe Brian Gonzalez, Cleavinger/Meisenger, Wright/Wilson gets it done?

I would say that we aren't going to make any real deals. If we can't get the owner to do Jiminez + low level prospect + 1.5 million for Upton we aren't going to be able to make any deals.

They wanted more than 1.5M of cap relief AND they wanted two prospects not one for having to take on Ubaldo.

Archived