Hyun-Soo Kim's Injury

OFFNY

No word on Davis???

Kim and Davis both out doesn't help. Kim needs to go on DL until he is ready.

I don't think Davis is injured--he's in a pretty bad slump and even Flash needs a start now and then.

Davis has had a sore wrist. I would not be surprised if he got a shot.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davis has had a sore wrist. I would not be surprised if he got a shot.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p Lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Davis was in local hospital last night with a virus. Buck said he might be available tonight. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">July 18, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p Lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Davis was in local hospital last night with a virus. Buck said he might be available tonight. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="
">July 18, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thank you. Appreciate it.

Kim and Rickard are currently hitting as Darren O'Day throws the pitches before a sim game.

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch 6m6 minutes ago

Kim and Rickard batting against ODay. Bullpen coach Dom Chiti has hit couple grounders to right side so ODay can field ball or cover bag.

From Roch:

NEW YORK - Orioles reliever Darren O?Day threw around 25 pitches today in two ?innings? in his simulated game at Yankee Stadium. He threw to Hyun Soo Kim and Joey Rickard, stopping once to mimic the completion of an inning.

Manager Buck Showalter seem pleased with the session just by the look on O?Day?s face. As the righty hoped, the club appears close to making a pure baseball decision on the reliever, who?s been on the disabled list with a strained right hamstring.

O?Day could be activated from the disabled list, throw one more simulated game or go on a short rehab assignment. The last option may be the least likely at this point, but we?ll find out more later.

ODay Delivers Orange Wide.jpg

Bullpen coach Dom Chiti hit a few grounders to the right side of the infield to test O?Day fielding the ball or covering the bag on a 3-1 putout.

Pitching coach Dave Wallace, bench coach John Russell, hitting coach Scott Coolbaugh and head athletic trainer Richie Bancells also watched O?Day throw, and the players in the audience included pitchers Zach Britton and Dylan Bundy. And that?s just a partial head count.

O?Day currently is in the outfield with Wallace.

Kim moved to the outfield to perform running drills and the Orioles may be forced to make a decision on him today rather than wait until Wednesday while dealing with a short bench. Kim and first baseman Chris Davis, who stayed back at the team hotel with a stomach virus, weren?t available last night and left Showalter with two reserves.

No word on the results of catcher Matt Wieters? X-ray, but he?s not expected in tonight?s lineup against Yankees starter Nathan Eovaldi.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/07/oday-completes-simulated-game.html' rel="external nofollow">

Archived