Chris Davis

evenparthrough9

The low standards some of you set for Davis is laughable. I get that he plays a gold glove first base, he's a good guy and he's the most popular Oriole, but dude striking out literally every other at bat has gotten old.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The low standards some of you set for Davis is laughable. I get that he plays a gold glove first base, he's a good guy and he's the most popular Oriole, but dude striking out literally every other at bat has gotten old.

He goes through these funks a couple of times every season. He's still walking a lot, keeping a respectable OBP in the process.

This is the same Chris Davis it's always been. He goes through hot stretches and cold stretches, and he strikes out a lot. At the end of the day, though, he's a productive hitter overall. This is nothing new.

This thread wouldn't exist if CD would have just hit a sac fly yesterday. Sometimes we need him to just do that. We can grind out games.

2nd and 3rd nobody out. Machado flies out to RF, plates 1 run. Schoop on 3rd and 1 out. Davis needed to bring him in. It's that simple. 3 run HR's are nice but 2 runs right there off fly balls would have been better.

This thread wouldn't exist if CD would have just hit a sac fly yesterday. Sometimes we need him to just do that. We can grind out games.

2nd and 3rd nobody out. Machado flies out to RF, plates 1 run. Schoop on 3rd and 1 out. Davis needed to bring him in. It's that simple. 3 run HR's are nice but 2 runs right there off fly balls would have been better.

Ah, right. If he'd only do this, if he'd only do that...if he'd ONLY JUST COME THROUGH IN CLOSE GAMES WHEN WE REALLY NEED IT THE MOST HE'D BE PERFECT.

Game doesn't work that way.

Archived