Chris Davis

evenparthrough9

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the last time he sat for a day he came back and hit something like 5 HR in 5 G. But then Trumbo hasn't bee doing much better .182 .250 .341 .591 the last 12 G. Maybe we should bat Kim between them so we don't have rally killing back to back K's. Manny has had a .605 OPS July as well, though he is .904 OPS the last week.

I realize guys go through slumps, but he looks absolutely lost right now. He's pulling his front shoulder out on every swing. He needs to focus on trying to drive the ball the other way.
He went through a worse slump last year and still finished with 47 HR. I am confident he will get hot again. As of this day last year he was .240 .323 .480 .803 22 HR 60 RBI.

Trumbo was bound to regress in the second half. Davis is always going to be Davis, which means going through slumps of a month or more where he can't hit whatsoever.

Need other guys to pick them up. Manny needs to go back to hitting like he's capable of. Jones too.

I like the idea of Davis sitting for a few. Strengthens our OF defense with Trumbo moving to first.

Trumbo was bound to regress in the second half. Davis is always going to be Davis, which means going through slumps of a month or more where he can't hit whatsoever.

Need other guys to pick them up. Manny needs to go back to hitting like he's capable of. Jones too.

I like the idea of Davis sitting for a few. Strengthens our OF defense with Trumbo moving to first.

Agreed. I really wonder if he's seeing the ball. Tuesday he had an at bat where he saw 5 balls and struck out. Last night he saw 4 pitches out of the zone and struck out. Baffling

I think they should move him down in the order when he's in the line-up. I would try and take advantage of the players they have though and use Trumbo at 1B once in a while, and Alvarez at DH. In that scenario you could put Nolan in RF or whomever else that would upgrade the outfield defense.

On a glass half full side though...this team is 16 over with pretty much the whole offense struggling so there is certainly room for optimism.

Archived