at. YANKEES, 7/20

Sessh

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little late but a couple of thoughts. If Jones picks the ball up cleanly Gardner stays at 2nd, he only went when he saw Jones bobble the ball.

Last inning the first pitch called strike to Flaherty was litterally a foot outside.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/Rangers">@Rangers</a> place DH Prince Fielder (herniated disk in neck), OF Shin-Soo Choo (lower back inflammation) on 15-day DL.</p>? MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) <a href="
">July 20, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A second fusion for Fielder would be complex. Will depends on where the herniation is. Could be career ender.</p>? Will Carroll (@injuryexpert) <a href="

">July 20, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Cp9V3D3ufn4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ken says it is really bad this way.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Good info. I missed that on the broadcast. I don’t think we see Holliday until July or when his new super two date would be. Mid July/August/September is still plenty of time to evaluate him at the mlb level for the playoffs.  Mayo will probably get a look before Holliday is back. I think we’re going to see Mateo play more. If that faceplants then Mayo could be up before the June super two date. 
    • He's probably next in line for a promotion to Bowie. I'd like to see him a little more power from him for his size, but he's doing well overall.
    • I’m not regretting the trade, but .266/.385/.406 with awesome defense would look pretty good at 2B for us, where we’re hitting .164/.216/.240.   
    • Yup. They still have a dominant pen even after the Soto trade. Our pen is more Hope and Pray they don’t blow the lead. We’ve been effective, but not fear inducing arms like prior years. 
    • Wait... you're telling me the Nats charge $24 for a single craft beer?  A few years ago I was in LA and I got a Dodger dog and a beer (I forget what kind) and it was $20 and I thought that was extortionist. I was kind of shocked when the Angels were charging $14 for a beer, and FedEx was long infamous for $11 cans of Miller Light. $24 should make the Nats owners cower in shame. That's basically like a soda machine where a Dr. Pepper is $11. They might as well have some kind of huge goon standing next to the concessions yelling out "hey yous, the beers are $24. If you don't like it, get the hell out of my stadium!" I have heard that Atlanta is great for food prices. The Mercedes dome... thing... has the cheapest food and drink in MLS. I suppose the Braves are copying them. Good for them. Aside from Atlanta, this feeds into the narrative that American sports are for upper and upper-middle-class people. Others need not come. Which is fine in a vacuum, fine for some kind of economics class experiment, fine for owners whose primary goal is short-term profits. But what happens down the road when the fanbase doesn't really include people who're not making six figures? Or since nearly all US sports are doing this, that a significant percentage of the population just doesn't regularly go to live sports because it's outrageously expensive? Like I mentioned, me, the wife, and two kids going to DC United on Saturday and the total bill will probably be $350, and that's with discounted tickets and if I can park at Ft. McNair next to the stadium for free.
    • Who gets DFA’d today?  Baumann or Ramirez? Baumann went 2 IP and Ramirez only 1 IP. Baumann also entered the game earlier. Read into that what you will.  I think Ramirez has the best pitch with his Sweeper out of the two.  I’d prefer to see Baumann get DFA’d. 
    • The Yankees pen is legit and has been for the last few years.  They have done a great job at building bullpens and targeting high quality arms. Holmes is basically a right handed Britton. He’s nasty.
  • Popular Contributors