Nuggets: The wit and wisdom of Buck Showalter

tntoriole

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure. Just pay him 5 million more a year. Seriously. He's be there.

Joe Maddon Chicago Cubs $5,000,000

Mike Scioscia Los Angeles Angels $5,000,000

Bruce Bochy San Francisco Giants $5,000,000

Joe Girardi New York Yankees $4,000,000

Buck Showalter Baltimore Orioles $3,000,000

Don Mattingly Miami Marlins $2,500,000

Dusty Baker Washington Nationals $1,750,000

Clint Hurdle Pittsburgh Pirates $1,125,000

Terry Collins New York Mets $1,000,000

If you are a coveted manager why would you choose to work for a team with a poor talent base?

Maddon wasn't about to take a job with the Phillies.

It really isn't very important either way. It was just something I hadn't given very much thought to before.

Luckily we have a manager now that wasn't afraid to work with a team with a poor talent base.

It really isn't very important either way. It was just something I hadn't given very much thought to before.

Luckily we have a manager now that wasn't afraid to work with a team with a poor talent base.

I don't think the talent base was poor.

Of course some busted and some exceeded expectations.

Davey has to get some credit for managing a team of narcissistic cocaine fiends to a World Championship. Dwight Gooden was awesome, but he missed the ticker tape parade because he was passed out in a dealer's hovel.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/darryl-strawberry-worried-doc-gooden-life-article-1.2758039?utm_content=buffer20084&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSports+Twitter

Gooden missed an appearance last night.

I don't think the talent base was poor.

Of course some busted and some exceeded expectations.

That wasn't really the consensus around the league in 2011 though. The O's previous 3 managers (Perlozzo, Trembley, and Samuel sss) had the team under performing to the point that it scared off other potential managerial candidates.

He got a nice contract... As managers go.

Archived