The good old days........

vab

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a great time. Hopefully we can get some youngsters in the system asap to keep it going.

Really hope Buck stays for...a really long time.

He's already the best manager in O's history not named Earl. Realize that we won a WS with Bauer and Altobelli but Buck's been amazing. I always thought it was funny that Buck was the one who is credited with the Yankees 1990's renaissance and man I hated those Yankees teams. I never thought he'd be the one that helped reboot my and our favorite team back to relevance. So glad we got Buck over Eric Wedge or Bobby Valentine.

Who's this team's Jim Palmer, a guy who will still be with the team well into his early 70's like Jim now. It's crazy to think how long Palmer has been with this org. I'm too young to have seen him play but Palmer is every bit an O's icon to my generation as those you who saw him pitch. And yeah I'm enjoying it. This has been the five years as a fan in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agrree Palmer is among the best color analysts maybe ever. Though I have to say im getting tired of Bordick. He needs to tell more stories like Palmer does. His analysis of the action on the field I think is pretty bad. I did like Brian Roberts the one time I heard him in the booth.

agrree Palmer is among the best color analysts maybe ever. Though I have to say im getting tired of Bordick. He needs to tell more stories like Palmer does. His analysis of the action on the field I think is pretty bad. I did like Brian Roberts the one time I heard him in the booth.

Yeah Bordick doesn't do it for me. I did like Brian too. Hunter-Bordick is probably my least favorite combo we have on TV. It's too bad. Mike seems like a nice guy and he was a key cog on the 90's O's teams that I grew up and fell in love with the team but he just doesn't do it. Agree though, I would love to hear stories about Cal, Brady, Surhoff, Mussina, and guys like that.

Yeah Bordick doesn't do it for me. I did like Brian too. Hunter-Bordick is probably my least favorite combo we have on TV. It's too bad. Mike seems like a nice guy and he was a key cog on the 90's O's teams that I grew up and fell in love with the team but he just doesn't do it. Agree though, I would love to hear stories about Cal, Brady, Surhoff, Mussina, and guys like that.

Yeah he's basically become a cheerleader or something.

Yeah he's basically become a cheerleader or something.

He is an atypical commentator though. Remember he does do work with the team so it's probably hard for him to get too critical. Honestly, I know he means well and not everyone can be Palmer but I think he could be ebtter. I always look forward to Palmer-Thorne games. Those games are the best.

Listening to Hunter and Bordick call a game is pretty rough. Bordick has been better this year, but still not my cup of tea. Ben McDonald is someone I would like to see as an analyst, I was impressed when he called some games last year.

He's already the best manager in O's history not named Earl. Realize that we won a WS with Bauer and Altobelli but Buck's been amazing. I always thought it was funny that Buck was the one who is credited with the Yankees 1990's renaissance and man I hated those Yankees teams. I never thought he'd be the one that helped reboot my and our favorite team back to relevance. So glad we got Buck over Eric Wedge or Bobby Valentine.

I'm glad we got Buck, but I'd throw Davey Johnson in with Buck and Earl. Dude was a baseball genius. Buck gets half the credit IMO, as he worked well with Gene Michael in New York along with DD and MacPhail here to help bring the O's back to relevance like he did the Yankees.

Listening to Hunter and Bordick call a game is pretty rough. Bordick has been better this year, but still not my cup of tea. Ben McDonald is someone I would like to see as an analyst, I was impressed when he called some games last year.

Brian Roberts was awesome, wish they brought him in the booth and let Bordick coach. Hunter just needs to get canned, he's brutal.

Gary Thorne is getting up in age too, if he retires I hope there is a plan to bring in someone else and not 160 games of Hunter every year.

160 games of Hunter would kill me. Hopefully someone from a national broadcasting service. I'd take anyone at this point from CBS, NBC, Fox or ESPN except Joe Buck.

Archived