TT: The Orioles are going to the World Series

Tony-OH

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would obviously be a dream come true if the Orioles went to the world series. However, could they beat a team like the Cubs

I would hate to see them go to the world series and lose. Would Orioles fans still be happy just for the fact that they made it to the world series?

Fun article.

Regarding this: "Speaking of Worley, I don’t know how he gets guys out consistently with a high 80’s fastball"

First, I think his fastball is better than high 80's right now. Second, apparently his slider and change are among the most improved in MLB: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-pitchers-with-the-best-new-stuff-this-season/

Fun read! An optimistic Tony is always a good sign!! :)

It's possible. We have the best record in the AL, so we're certainly competitive with any other AL team that might make it. It will be interesting to see what moves Dan makes, if any, and of course staying healthy down the stretch is key. Right now, I'm not too focused on the World Series, I'm just concerned with winning the division and if not that, then a wild card spot. All signs point to a race that goes down to the wire.

It would obviously be a dream come true if the Orioles went to the world series. However' date=' could they [b']beat a team like the Cubs[/b]

I would hate to see them go to the world series and lose. Would Orioles fans still be happy just for the fact that they made it to the world series?

History has proven time and again that, so long as you get into the playoffs, it's a total crapshoot. You don't have to be the better overall team, you've just got to be better for a few days.

Just to get a little further ahead of the real world, our chances of success in the post-season would be greatly enhanced if we (a) have home-field advantage all the way through, and (b) can set up our thin starting pitching by avoiding a down-to-the-wire race and a wildcard playoff. If those things happen, there's nobody in the AL I wouldn't like our chances with.

So let's get it done. One game at a time.

Archived