Roe DFA - Ondrusek signed - Roe claimed by Atlanta

Yardball85

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like signing a 32 yo middle reliever to a 4 year 36 million dollar extension

Crunch time and we can't depend on Darren O'day getting anyone out, and he is back to being lit up by LH'ers

Lefties were hitting .206 vs him coming into this game which is slightly better. The righties.

Crunch time and we can't depend on Darren O'day getting anyone out, and he is back to being lit up by LH'ers

He's had 2 bad outings in 8 appearances since coming off the DL. Think we need to scale back the vitriol for a guy that has been the definition of durable and consistent since his time with the O's.

Not that I expect anything different from you, but until his last three outings, O'day has been money this season. He's had a few rough outings, but teams need three back end relievers and those guys are getting 7-10 million now. I had no problem with them resigning O'day and think he's still a huge part of our bullpen despite his struggles of late.

I'll just put this here: I'm worried about DOD. And we owe him a ton of money for the next three years.

The "record" is duly noted for future reference. :slytf: Can and webrick finally agree on something also. :2yay-thumb:

• 2 weeks later...
Chaz Roe struck out the side vs. the Nats the other night and looks really good today. I didn't get the move DFA-ING him...

They needed an optional guy. He wouldn't have made it through this week anyway. His spot has been optioned about 5 times already.

They needed an optional guy. He wouldn't have made it through this week anyway. His spot has been optioned about 5 times already.

Exactly.

In order to save Roe they would have had to DFA Ubaldo, something they obviously are not willing to do.

Or option Givens but who wants that?

Understood. But I think Roe was worth keeping. Givens was struggling at the time if I am not mistaken.

Regardless, posting info.

Archived