vs. RANGERS, 8/03

OFFNY

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not arguing that Trumbo is not slumping.

Another poster said that he crushed the ball, and he was unlucky on that particular plate appearance.

You responded by saying "an out is an out."

And when Gausman gets lucky, you don't hesitate to critique the fact that he threw/throws a bad pitch, and was fortunate to get the out.

Yes, because I was told that in an earlier post. I'm going to end this now, not sure why you are being so aggressive but I'm not in the mood. Enjoy your evening. I know you are smarter than to put Gausman in the same universe as Hamels, so I'm not going to compare the two pitchers. One is a legitimate ace, the other isn't a very good pitcher at all.

How is that? If you want to argue that Trumbo isn't slumping, lets do that. I'm not sure what you are talking about in all honesty. I didn't see the pitch he grounded out on.

He's saying an outs an out. If the Rangers hit a bomb to the warning track, it's still an out. Just like the laser Trumbo hit was an out.

Never forget when a ball went under the tarp and Bordick said Trumbo did a nice job holding up his hands.Couldn't even make this crap up.

Well, he could have done it in a weak fashion.

Bordick is a great guy and knowledgeable. He is too close to the players.

Yes, because I was told that in an earlier post. I'm going to end this now, not sure why you are being so aggressive but I'm not in the mood. Enjoy your evening. I know you are smarter than to put Gausman in the same universe as Hamels, so I'm not going to compare the two pitchers. One is a legitimate ace, the other isn't a very good pitcher at all.

I was not doing any such thing.

I was asserting the fact that you didn't hesitate to critique an Oriole player (Gausman throwing meatballs and being fortunate to get an out), while dismissing the fact that a slumping Trumbo hit the ball very hard and made an out, saying that all that matters is that it was ultimately an out.

You have a good evening, too.

Archived