If This Team Collapse For The Second Straight Year, Doesn't Buck Have To Take A Hit?

ORIOLE33

Hardy had the lowest OBP of any of the nine regulars in 2012.

Anyone that owned an outfielders glove was a better choice than Delmon.

Corner of was a mess last year and if allowed I would use stronger language.

Buck likes to switch hitters up so managers can't match up as easy late in games.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said it many times; Showalter will not lead this team to the World Series. He is great at coming into a team that isn't very good and making them very good, but he has never won an ALCS game in his life and only

made it there once. He had very good teams in 1995, 1999, 2012 and 2014 and could not achieve even a single ALCS win and was eliminated in the first round three of the four years. Buck is capable of taking a team only

so far before someone else has to come in and take them the rest of the way.

As for this season, what has been so genius exactly? This roster was put together in an attempt to outscore our own questionable pitching staff by hitting home runs. It was inevitable that at some point, the team would

hit a lot of home runs and score a lot of runs and this would have happened with any manager in place. How does this make Buck a genius exactly? I don't get it. Buck is "God"? It just never ends around here.

1. # WinRule

2. Does not rest all players enough

3. Too much loyalty to certain players

4. Never saw a bat he wouldn't bench late in a game for a marginal glove upgrade

5. Does not permit critical analysis from media, at least not willingly

Bochy, Madden and Tino are not going anywhere. Gardenhire - meh.

Agree with # 2 the rest are BS IMO.

No, he tries to get them to work through their struggles, go deeper their into games and he wants to save his bullpen.

Yea, I disagree. Not only does he try and get his guys the "W" he also tries to push guys past their limits (Chen, Wright, Wilson, Gallardo) which routinely leads to the starter in question being pulled mid-inning with runners on and/or runs in.

But we were more talking about the first part.

He doesn't leave struggling starters in the game when the O's are winning to give them a chance for the win?

He does this to try to preserve his bullpen and to instill confidence in his starters. The psychology of the game is an important part managing

Buck is God. What he has done here with a lousy GM has been nothing short of miraculous. I would hand him a two year extension today if I was Angelos.

What was Buck's record with the Orioles before DD got here?

Buck has some problems. Playing favorites. How many games does Reimold have to play with the team before you realize he shouldn't be playing. Why play Wieters into the grund. Why pull a pitcher because he gives up 5 runs in the first two innings. That overloads the bullpen. Why not have more hit and runs and stealing bases.

You don't think his motivation is ever to get his guy though five so he can get the win?

I see far more times when he appears to try to stretch guys past five vs just to get to five. The former I think is for psychological purposes. I agree that at times he seemed slow to accept that some guys need to be pulled--e.g. CHrn

What was Buck's record with the Orioles before DD got here?

Buck has some problems. Playing favorites. How many games does Reimold have to play with the team before you realize he shouldn't be playing. Why play Wieters into the grund. Why pull a pitcher because he gives up 5 runs in the first two innings. That overloads the bullpen. Why not have more hit and runs and stealing bases.

Typical fan cliche criticism which can apply to any manager: He pulls SP too soon/too late, plays favorites(translation doesn't play the fan's favorite)mismanages the bull pen, poor lineup construction.

Archived