If This Team Collapse For The Second Straight Year, Doesn't Buck Have To Take A Hit?

ORIOLE33

Especially since we have won 68 games already. Most games we won in a season under Macphail was 69 games. We have already beat 3 of 4 Macphails win totals and we have a full week of August left. It is absurd to think DD or Buck would be fired no matter what the outcome of the season.

The O's already have surpassed Keith Law's prediction of total wins for the season. I really like the quote he had after the prediction "But they could be much worse"[Paraphrase]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sVzvRsl4rEM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two things have annoyed me since Buck has been manager. Keeping rolling Jim Johnson out as the closer in 2013 and the Kim situation in Spring training.

But I would like Buck to be here another ten years. He is probably our best manager since Weaver. I don't believe in firing managers for the sake of firing them.

Who was better to roll out there than Jim Johnson at the time?

And

Did anybody ever consider that maybe, just maybe Buck actually handled the Kim situation pretty well? Its not Kim showed much in ST. Now he has been a productive player for the team. Maybe Buck didnt bungle it as badly as many here proclaim.

Yea, running off the pitching coach to bring in his own guy worked out great.

As did his obsession with TTTP.

His ability to correctly ascertain Kim's abilities in spring training was a huge boon to the team.

Not to mention sitting Pedro Alverez when he was tearing the cover off the ball in favor of playing Chris strikeout king Davis. That was a genius move as well.

It's no worse than those who rush in just to say we're the winningest AL team over the last five years. That's a joke. KC and Boston have won the world series in that time.

I can't remember a time when, after a three-game winning streak, there have been calls for a Duquette extension. Nowadays after every three-game losing streak there seems to be multiple threads demanding accountability, most of them directed at DD and very few of them balanced. These days fewer still add any fresh perspective. No, it's very much worse.

I know you're not supposed to criticize Buck, but if this team fail to reach the playoffs after leading the division for most of the year, how does Buck avoid some blame? I know it's not all Buck, but 2 potential collapses in back to back years, obviously he's not pushing the right buttons when it matters most.

I know he's seen as the savior, but eventually just being a good team isn't going to cut it.

Yep lets be sure to blame someone.

It's no worse than those who rush in just to say we're the winningest AL team over the last five years. That's a joke. KC and Boston have won the world series in that time.

Boston has had losing records three of the past 4 seasons. I wouldn't want one World Series and 3 losing seasons. "Life is a journey not a destination". Enjoy the trip.

Boston has had losing records three of the past 4 seasons. I wouldn't want one World Series and 3 losing seasons. "Life is a journey not a destination". Enjoy the trip.

I'd happily switch results with Boston, as would 95%+ of Baltimore fans. And before anyone suggest I become a RedSux fan; I hate them and have backed the Orioles for 42 years. Further, Boston is about to have a winning, likely playoff bound, season and has a bright future. The Orioles have been good, which is better than sucking, but we've not achieved anything special. They don't have parades for regular season wins over a certain number of seasons. I enjoyed 2014 but that team had some fatal flaws, which were exposed, were not corrected, and now we're two mediocre years later with concerns about aging regulars, Manny's future, and no prospects to be excited about. I'm a happy person, all things good in my life, but I do not take pleasure in this team. This isn't good enough for me 33 years after our last title. We have some talent and I want the roster turned into a true contender. Dan has not done that, owner constraints or no.

o

A potentially critical 3-game series with the Blue Jays starts tonight ........ so, get your blame cards out.

Nolan Reimold (who is generally a good Orioles whipping boy, anyway) playing center field tonight is a good candidate for incurring plenty of wrath should the Orioles lose tonight.

Should the Orioles lose 2 out of 3 (or all 3) games of the series, a good candidate for that is Showalter ...... also, you have to consider a general lack of professionalism on the part of the players to be right up there.

If Tommy Hunter should pitch (and pitch badly), that's another easy target for the culpability for an Orioles loss.

Archived