If This Team Collapse For The Second Straight Year, Doesn't Buck Have To Take A Hit?

ORIOLE33

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This team needs more pitching talent. We had it, and Duquette traded it away for short term "fixes". At the time he made each trade it may have seemed the risk was worth taking, but in hindsight they were lousy trades. If anyone gets fired in the near future it will be Duquette, not Buck. Having said that Duquette has a tougher job. Knowing what he's had to work with and guessing Angelos has a "win now" agenda, I'm not sure how Duquette could have done much better.

Eventually this team is going to have to realize that they need a team approach at the plate. Maybe that player needs to come from the outside. Our team leader isn't going to lead anyone by example. And I love the dude.

Imagine if our power hitters worked counts the way Kim does. That's the real difference in my mind between our lineup and the Blue Jays or Red Sox. We are overly aggressive and don't put enough pressure on the pitcher.

I blame Duquette first, he just doesn't have a feel on how to build a starting rotation. Buck has done a heck of job considering the rotation and injuries to the bullpen. Buck isn't perfect, but this team would be under .500 with Trembley at the helm.

Buck's pitching coaches destroyed Jake Arrieta's development and they almost ruined Chris Tillman. He's just as much at fault for the poor rotation as Dan is.

Club has a starting pitching ERA of 5. Team went 19-9 in a month where they allowed 5 runs a game with a starters ERA of 5.56. Club has 4 pitchers with double digit starts and an ERA over 5. On paper we have no business contending.

Pitching is bad and deserves a lot of blame, but it has been bad all year, while the team was in first place. The second-half decline is all on the offense. Very streaky, no speed, low OBP.

Boston has had losing records three of the past 4 seasons. I wouldn't want one World Series and 3 losing seasons. "Life is a journey not a destination". Enjoy the trip.

I'd say most fans would make that trade. I know I would.

Imagine if our power hitters worked counts the way Kim does. That's the real difference in my mind between our lineup and the Blue Jays or Red Sox. We are overly aggressive and don't put enough pressure on the pitcher.
If they didn't ,they wouldn't be power hitters. How many HR does Kim have with his approach? Do you not like Earls?

Archived