JJ Hardy 3yrs/40 million

Darren O'day 4yrs / 31 million

Chris Davis 7 yrs / 161 million

Gallardo 2yrs / 22 million

Matt Wieters 1yr / 15.8 million

Ubaldo 4 yrs / 50 million

Brian Matusz 1yr / 3.9 million

None of these guys make the O's much better if at all

My perspective is that I'm not going to spend my hard earned money watching players that the O's wasted their money on.

Feel free not to support your team.

How much are you willing to pay for those seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 bucks maximum. Which seems a lot for those seats as they aren't the best. Like another poster said what do I care whether it is the Yankees, the Rays or Diamondbacks?

As the tickets are 40 bucks on a Sunday against the Rays that sets the price for me. Why would I want to pay almost double for the Yankees as opposed to the Rays? Makes no sense.

Really?

I didn't ask for any or the following:

JJ Hardy 3yrs/40 million

Darren O'day 4yrs / 31 million

Chris Davis 7 yrs / 161 million

Gallardo 2yrs / 22 million

Matt Wieters 1yr / 15.8 million

Ubaldo 4 yrs / 50 million

Brian Matusz 1yr / 3.9 million

None of these guys make the O's much better if at all

My perspective is that I'm not going to spend my hard earned money watching players that the O's wasted their money on.

The only one of those contracts I was opposed to was Matusz. I wasn't crazy about the Davis signing but I figured if it made Angelos happy to have Chris Davis on the team than its not my money.

50 bucks maximum. Which seems a lot for those seats as they aren't the best. Like another poster said what do I care whether it is the Yankees, the Rays or Diamondbacks?

As the tickets are 40 bucks on a Sunday against the Rays that sets the price for me. Why would I want to pay almost double for the Yankees as opposed to the Rays? Makes no sense.

I prefer to have 20 dollar seats myself.

I don't understand. You said you aren't willing to pay $102 for the best seats. Then you say you'll pay $50 max. Then you say they are $40 for some games. What do you think the best seats are?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't understand. You said you aren't willing to pay $102 for the best seats. Then you say you'll pay $50 max. Then you say they are $40 for some games. What do you think the best seats are?

I'm in the "Don't sign Davis, sell me good seats for 20 Bucks and allow me to bring food and drink in" crowd. Oh. And get a draft pick.

The Best seats tonight are 85 dollars. Tomorrow they are 102.

I'm in the "Don't sign Davis, sell me good seats for 20 Bucks and allow me to bring food and drink in" crowd. Oh. And get a draft pick.

I don't mind paying for my seats for the 15 or so games I go to each year. I can see why others might not. The bottom line is that the dynamic pricing is supposed to reflect demand. Based on attendance, it seems they are off in their calculations.

Ok so looking at the remaining 1:35 games in the season the ticket prices are varied greatly by gamee ( I can't go to the 7:35 games as I have a 2 year old)

For section 262:

sept 4th - $73

sept 18th $40

sept 25th $48

No way I am paying 73 dollars for those seats. If the weather is good I will go on the 18th. I think these variable price ticketing is what is keeping attendance down. I would go this Sunday but not at highway robbery prices.

Interestingly Season Tickets don't seem such a good deal. I looked at the prices if got the different plans for the tickets:

Full-Season

3249 / 81 = 40.11

29 Game plan:

1204 / 29 = 41.51

13 Game plan:

498 / 13 = 38.30

13 Game Plan:

496 /13 = 38.15

13 Game Plan:

505 /13 = 38.84

13 Game Plan:

546 /13 = 42.00

Interestingly only one of the four thirteen game plans are more expensive than full season or 29 game plans. If I just picked a few games to go to I could get cheaper tickets than 13 game plans offered by the Orioles.

I know when I had season tickets I could buy more tickets at the season ticket price which was significantly lower than list price of tickets. I am guessing they don't have a set price even for season ticket holders anymore. The whole thing is confusing. That might be a reason season ticket sales are down if you aren't getting benefits...

Interestingly Season Tickets don't seem such a good deal. I looked at the prices if got the different plans for the tickets:

Full-Season

3249 / 81 = 40.11

29 Game plan:

1204 / 29 = 41.51

13 Game plan:

498 / 13 = 38.30

13 Game Plan:

496 /13 = 38.15

13 Game Plan:

505 /13 = 38.84

13 Game Plan:

546 /13 = 42.00

Interestingly only one of the four thirteen game plans are more expensive than full season or 29 game plans. If I just picked a few games to go to I could get cheaper tickets than 13 game plans offered by the Orioles.

I know when I had season tickets I could buy more tickets at the season ticket price which was significantly lower than list price of tickets. I am guessing they don't have a set price even for season ticket holders anymore. The whole thing is confusing. That might be a reason season ticket sales are down if you aren't getting benefits...

So, flat pricing for season ticket holders and then no exchange to sell on the secondary market like folks do?

Full-Season

3249 / 81 = 40.11

29 Game plan:

1204 / 29 = 41.51

13 Game plan:

498 / 13 = 38.30

13 Game Plan:

496 /13 = 38.15

13 Game Plan:

505 /13 = 38.84

13 Game Plan:

546 /13 = 42.00

The price for season plan holders depend upon the games included in the plan. The face value of the tickets are not the same for every game. They still represent a significant savings over buying individual game tickets (about 15%).

Full-Season

3249 / 81 = 40.11

29 Game plan:

1204 / 29 = 41.51

13 Game plan:

498 / 13 = 38.30

13 Game Plan:

496 /13 = 38.15

13 Game Plan:

505 /13 = 38.84

13 Game Plan:

546 /13 = 42.00

That is because you might have a prime or elite game in it. Might be better if you avoid those As I have said my Astros ticket was $34.00 and Yankee ticket $62.00.

Archived