Will the fans show?

Todd-O

Weams, you know I love a good Floyd reference. But I'd have to agree that the atmosphere has been awful, at least from what I've seen on TV (I'm in New York now and, while I've gone to a couple of O's-Yanks games this year, haven't made it down to Camden yet; planning on going on Sunday against Arizona, though, while in town for a wedding). I mean, this was a really important series against Tampa Bay ? at home, where the O's have been great ? and over a weekend ? and what little crowds there were always seemed to be doing any- and everything other than watching the game. Say what you want about Boston fans, but they watch the games with bated breath, reacting to pretty much every pitch. Whereas Camden always feels like a picnic at the park, and oh hey look Mommy they're playing baseball over there.

Everything you need to know about the average OPACY fan in this decade becomes clear when, after 2 back to back hits, they start their Ravens chant...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course, if the Orioles would actually kick them in the teeth in OPACY, the pink hats would shut up and eventually stop coming. Someone here had a good idea: they floated a promotion concept for when Bos. or NY is in town, where walkup fans wearing orange would get a discount - just to put butts in the seats and drown out the fan repellant. If they did this and advertised it well, I bet it would work.

They did that for several years. Or did you forget. The Orioles were the one team that could beat them.

They did that for several years. Or did you forget. The Orioles were the one team that could beat them.

I didn't forget, but OPACY would almost have to become Death Valley for the for the pink hats to go away...a couple good years does not erase a moniker like Fenway South...they're back to beating us up in our own house again this year. Now the Yankee fans...they have thinned out IMO.

I didn't forget, but OPACY would almost have to become Death Valley for the for the pink hats to go away... a couple good years does not erase a moniker like Fenway South ... they're back to beating us up in our own house again this year. Now the Yankee fans...they have thinned out IMO.

o

No, it doesn't.

But a losing Red Sox team will keep them away, and quickly.

When I went to the final 3 games of the 2012 season, the Red Sox were only one year removed (2011) from being a competitive, winning team that just missed the postseason.

At those games, the Red Sox fans were VERY few and far between. And I old them that I respected them, because they were the die-hard, non-front running Red Sox fans that supported their team through thick and thin, and they were left holding the proverbial bag for all of the front-running creeps that were nowhere to be seen when the team needed them the most.

o

No, it doesn't.

When I went to the final 3 games of the 2012 season, the Red Sox were only one year removed (2011) from being a competitive, winning team that just missed the postseason.

At those games, the Red Sox fans were VERY few and far between. And I old them that I respected them, because they were the die-hard, non-front running Red Sox fans that supported their team through thick and thin, and they were left holding the proverbial bag for all of the front-running creeps that were nowhere to be seen.

Attendace is bad almost anywhere when the team is not good. I was at those games at end of that season. It was mostly Orioles Fans. Problem is we aren't a bad team. We have been pretty damn good the last 4 years.

It's actually the old PSU chant. If that matters...

Yeah, I know...I attended PSU (7 Nations was waaaaay after my time), but I still go to games there occasionally. Interestingly, the first time I ever heard the Zombie Nation at a sporting event was Oct. 8, 2005...that game was one of the most insane sporting events I ever attended. After that, week by week, Zombie Nation spread to every college stadium and then into the NFL stadiums. Now the bastards up there sing "Sweet Caroline"...pink hats ruin everything!!

[video=youtube;WRbuvKYKI54]

I didn't forget, but OPACY would almost have to become Death Valley for the for the pink hats to go away... a couple good years does not erase a moniker like Fenway South ... they're back to beating us up in our own house again this year. Now the Yankee fans...they have thinned out IMO.

o

No, it doesn't.

At those games, the Red Sox fans were VERY few and far between. And I old them that I respected them, because they were the die-hard, non-front running Red Sox fans that supported their team through thick and thin, and they were left holding the proverbial bag for all of the front-running creeps that were nowhere to be seen when the team needed them the most.

Attendace is bad almost anywhere when the team is not good. I was at those games at end of that season. It was mostly Orioles Fans. Problem is we aren't a bad team. We have been pretty damn good the last 4 years.

o

Not when the team is only one year removed from being a 90-win team and being contender (as were the Red Sox in 2012.)

The Red Sox' home attendance was the same in 2012 as it was in 2011 (just over 3 Million, both seasons.)

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BOS/2011.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BOS/2012.shtml

The creeps show up in the thousands at OPACY when the Red Sox are winning, and disappear when they are a bad team ........ even if it is only for one year, as 2012 was for them between 2011 and 2013.

My bad, I forgot you got butt hurt when anyone talks ill of front office. Again my bad.

Had you heard the front office mention this? If so, I'd like a link. I'll jump on your bandwagon if you can show me this. The only folks I heard talk about it were the players. Oh, and the press. You really know very little about me.

Archived