I need to go away for a while...

scOtt

I think most here, especially myself, goes through peaks and valleys over the course of the season. The problem is when fans seem to never come out of the valleys and continually pick on the minor mistakes when everyone else is on the top of the hill of the roller coaster.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other than people calling players trash or garbage, what gets on my nerves is the people repeating the same thing over and over again. Like bringing up trades from prior seasons a hundred times in different trades. If there is a trade you don't like bring it up at the time of the trade and then move on.

The team has done well even though you hate the trade get over it.

Other than people calling players trash or garbage, what gets on my nerves is the people repeating the same thing over and over again. Like bringing up trades from prior seasons a hundred times in different trades. If there is a trade you don't like bring it up at the time of the trade and then move on.

The team has done well even though you hate the trade get over it.

Or bring it up only in the rant section or the MLB section.

I think most here, especially myself, goes through peaks and valleys over the course of the season. The problem is when fans seem to never come out of the valleys and continually pick on the minor mistakes when everyone else is on the top of the hill of the roller coaster.

The negativity over and over is soul draining. If folks here (or the pre-season national pundits) had told us in the spring the O's would be two games out of first with 25 games remaining, we'd have taken that any day and twice Sunday. Guys like Ubaldo stepping up when most had written him off is very uplifting. You know the guys in the clubhouse love it for him and the team. Hang on for the ride, folks. The heart they have showed the last little while is why I love this team. They haven't given up. Let's not give up on them on an inning by inning basis.

Don't understand the negativity. Losing is frustrating but this team has been in contention since the first pitch of the season and there has been very few moments where if the season ended today, we wouldn't be a playoff team. Lots of ball left to play, lots of games left to play! Lets go Os!!

The negativity has been coming from a couple sources for me. First, our record since the All-Star break... Second, our lack of meaningful activity at the trade deadline... Third, the fact that I was hoping for some starting pitching help over the offseason and we got none, and that has come back to bite us in the butt... Etc.

Honestly, the fact that the Yankees are again the darlings of the world... that they've suddenly morphed from old and gross into "young, fresh and hungry!" Annoying as hell.

Same with the Red Sox and their acquisitions.

So some of the negativity for me was pent-up from frustrations over the offseason, and a sense that their winning was not sustainable in the first place, because we don't have a lot of balance with this roster.

Maybe that's why it seemed a bit out of proportion to what has actually been happening on the field and in the standings.

Just spitballin. But I hear you. Negativity can get old, fast. On the other hand, to question whether someone is a "real" fan because you disagree with their negative take on the team right now - that's taking it too far, IMO.

I think if we're taking the time to post on a message board about the Orioles, we pretty much all qualify as the top 1% of Orioles fans.

Great point. I have been in a "fan valley" for about a solid month, at least. Don't worry, guys. The fact that we're within 2 and playing better is raising my spirits. I might even start a "ain't the beer cold rah rah" thread here pretty soon.

But seriously. I might get very negative. But then I'll get very positive. It's not all one way with me, for sure.

The negativity over and over is soul draining. If folks here (or the pre-season national pundits) had told us in the spring the O's would be two games out of first with 25 games remaining, we'd have taken that any day and twice Sunday. Guys like Ubaldo stepping up when most had written him off is very uplifting. You know the guys in the clubhouse love it for him and the team. Hang on for the ride, folks. The heart they have showed the last little while is why I love this team. They haven't given up. Let's not give up on them on an inning by inning basis.

They negativity can really get to me too. Go O's.

Same old people, they know who they are. I see their posts time and time again. O's might be behind in a game and its like clockwork in a game thread. Predictable stuff from a few very predictable folks. We should be happy about a division race!!!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I've trying to dial back the negativity. My problem is I keep looking long term and it spills in to what the team is doing this year.

That...and I get invested in the club. 162 games is a long period of time. And when you have financials tied up with them 29 games out of the year + potentially the playoffs...it gets you even more invested than, say, the average fan that just watches them occasionally.

I dig the team. Love Buck. My main negativity is always towards Duquette. That said, even I recognize that it's difficult to consistently win for 5 years straight (almost). So he deserves props there. But, unfortunately, the way my brain thinks...I'm always looking for ways to improve. It ultimately makes me (overly) critical.

Archived