Time to go on the road and prove we're a playoff team

Frobby

This is where the rubber meets the road.

Tampa - playing better but a team we have dominated and need to continue to dominate.

Boston - a team we are chasing and need to catch in the AL East.

Detroit - we are in a flat footed tie for the 2nd wild card, they have a much easier schedule than we do ahead, and we cannot afford to lose a series to them.

We haven't played well on the road and that needs to change, NOW! Go O's!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tampa - playing better but a team we have dominated and need to continue to dominate.

Detroit - we are in a flat footed tie for the 2nd wild card, they have a much easier schedule than we do ahead, and we cannot afford to lose a series to them.

O's are 3-1 vs the Tigers this year. If the O's go at least 1-2 in the upcoming series with them, the O's will have a winning record vs the Tigers. Then is the O's are in a flat footed tie with them at the end for the season the O's would go to the playoffs before the Tigers. Of course other teams may play into that scenario.

O's are 3-1 vs the Tigers this year. If the O's go at least 1-2 in the upcoming series with them, the O's will have a winning record vs the Tigers. Then is the O's are in a flat footed tie with them at the end for the season the O's would go to the playoffs before the Tigers. Of course other teams may play into that scenario.

Wouldn't there be a tie-breaker game with the Tigers in that scenario? I thought the season series only comes into play when there is a tie between division winners, for purposes of seeding.

Wouldn't there be a tie-breaker game with the Tigers in that scenario? I thought the season series only comes into play when there is a tie between division winners, for purposes of seeding.

This is correct. Or if there is a tie between the two Wild Card teams, like 2012, when the Rangers hosted the O's by virtue of winning the season series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There would be a 1 game playoff to get into the playoffs. Happened in 2013 when Tampa beat Texas.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. I am so impressed with what this team just did. Now we need to keep the pedal to the metal!

mission-success.jpg

Archived