Away 305/375/453.828

Walker

Home 254/320/355/676

Away 274/321/520/841

Corbin Joseph

Home 279/329/353/676

Away 329/392/510/902

Harbor Park strikes again.

Yeah, I'm not going to get too down on Mancini's or Walker's season based on the splits. I think they both had good years, all things considered and would like to see them get chances with the big league team next season.

These guys might be OPS'ing .850 to .900 in the PCL and we may be looking at them a bit differently.

Corban Joseph is a prospect?

According to Orioles.com 29 year old Oliver Drake is the O's 16th prospect.

If 27 year old Corban Joseph has hit for a 902 OPS with a 392 OBP away from Harbor Park and for an 870 OPS with at 391 OBP vs right-handed pitching, then he probably makes in onto the O's top 30 prospects. JMG

Yeah, I'm not going to get too down on Mancini's or Walker's season based on the splits. I think they both had good years, all things considered and would like to see them get chances with the big league team next season.

These guys might be OPS'ing .850 to .900 in the PCL and we may be looking at them a bit differently.

Quite frankly I don't see any of these three players with the O's next year. They could still be in the minors or they could be traded and play in the majors.

The O's need mobility in the outfield. Trumbo should be replaced with a mobile RFer that hits for a good OBP and has a strong arm. Rickard takes one of the bench spots. A Rule 5 guy probably takes the other outfield job.

I think the O's would like to re-sign Pedro. He fitting really well with them. But with Boras as his agent he will go through he FA process. So will Wieters.

Corbin Joesph is a 2B without much versatility. He probably does well in another organization. He probably has options left.

Quite frankly I don't see any of these three players with the O's next year. They could still be in the minors or they could be traded and play in the majors.

The O's need mobility in the outfield. Trumbo should be replaced with a mobile RFer that hits for a good OBP and has a strong arm. Rickard takes one of the bench spots. A Rule 5 guy probably takes the other outfield job.

I think the O's would like to re-sign Pedro. He fitting really well with them. But with Boras as his agent he will go through he FA process. So will Wieters.

Corbin Joesph is a 2B without much versatility. He probably does well in another organization. He probably has options left.

So do they cut Kim? Trade him? Ship him back to Korea? Have him rot on the bench?

At some point it's got to get in their heads. Sports is all about confidence. The hitters there have to get frustrated. Mancini, Sisco, Walker, and Dariel Alvarez will probably all get a chance in ST to make it with the big club. Depending what happens in the offseason of course.

Ive been to Harbor Park.

It isn't that bad guys.

If they can't handle the mental strain of hitting in a pitchers park...

At some point it's got to get in their heads. Sports is all about confidence. The hitters there have to get frustrated. Mancini, Sisco, Walker, and Dariel Alvarez will probably all get a chance in ST to make it with the big club. Depending what happens in the offseason of course.

Mancini best chance to make the team is as a DH if Pedro does not come back. However, the O's like his left-handed power and I think the make a hard run at Pedro even if it takes a 3 year contract.

Sisco probably needs another year defensively. He will have options and can be brought up if needed. The O's probably want Wieters back but only on a short term contract and for limited money. This could take a while this winter as Boras is trying to convince someone to spend the big bucks on him. If Wieters goes the O's probably sign someone to share time with Joseph.

Walker and Alvarez don't do much to improve the team. RF will probably be open but neither are good enough to fill that spot. Jones and Kim have two OF spots. Rickard has a backup spot. The O's away take a Rule 5 guy and he best fits as the 25th man.

So you think that they will pick up a Rule V guy to fulfill the role Rickard had on this year's team and put Rickard on the bench?

I don't see that.

Rickard hit lefties but not very well vs righties. The O's look at him as a versatility, good defensive OFer even if some here do not. He is a bench/platoon player until someone is injured and Rickard prove otherwise.

Reimold is not likely to be re-sign. Age and a lack of production as caught up to him. The Rule 5 guy fits on the bench with the backup catcher, Flaherty, and Rickard IMO.

Archived