If we can win the series in Boston, I like our chances for a division title

Frobby

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per Fangraphs, the O's effectively tripled their odds of winning the division from 6.8% after Monday's game to 19.4% after Wednesday's. I think those odds are a little on the low end, but the increase in odds over the last two games seems reasonable. Those two wins were huge for this team's playoff prospects.

When factoring in the WC, their odds of making the postseason increased from 46.4% to 67.6%. Big improvement there as well, but that's partially driven by losses from NY and DET.

Interesting that this win is getting very little coverage on MLB.com. I would think a 1-0 shutout in Boston in a division race this close would get some attention. But nope, not when it's the Orioles doing the shutting out.

How so? It's the top story on their "Latest News" listing on the side and it's the #2 story on their main story rotation at the top of the page, behind the Seattle game which is still happening.

OK Frobby Ill give it up. You believed. I DIDNT.At least I didnt believe they would win the series. This was a big boy pants game tonight, and Gausman passed all tests. Just dominant, gutsy, and intimidating ..the kind of game that can, going forward, put a young pitcher in an elite category conversation.I aklways KNEW he had it in him,,and one day he will pitch a no hitter. A massive, massive win for our guys, and I was very wrong..and I love it, And will always love being wrong when we win.

Here's the thing: I didn't believe they'd win the series. I just didn't think it was out of the question that they would. I don't pre-judge the outcome -- ever, even when they lost game one.

Conversely, I'm not assuming they'll dominate Tampa this week. But hopefully, they will. We're in a great position now and hopefully won't blow it. I won't panic if they lose a game early in the series. Bad teams win games against good teams sometimes, as Toronto just learned. Just play the games hard and let the chips fall where they may.

Conversely, I'm not assuming they'll dominate Tampa this week. But hopefully, they will. Bad teams win games against good teams sometimes, as Toronto just learned.

I don't even think Tampa is particularly bad. Basically a .500 team outside of one horrendous month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I don't even think Tampa is particularly bad. Basically a .500 team outside of one horrendous month.

o

The Rays are 17-14 over their last 31 games, and they just manhandled the Blue Jays in the last 2 games that they played them at the Skydome (6-2 and 8-1 respectively, after dropping the opening game of the series on Monday.)

Great win. I think the O's scored 100% of their runs in that series on Home Runs right?

Also, the Red Sox scored more runs in Game 1 than the O's scored the entire series, but still lost 2 of 3. Holding the Sox to 3 runs in the final two games is a huge testament to Bundy, Gausman and the back end of the O's bullpen.

If anybody wants a good laugh, go check out the game thread over at SOSH.

"I really thought we had stopped the Orioles bull**** when we swept the 2 game series at Camden a couple weeks ago and then won the first game of this series by 10 runs....."

--SOSH Gamethread Post #667

"It just has to be the Orioles and their douchebag manager doesn't it? The same asshat who ran his mouth about his little train that could beating the big payroll Red Sox back in 2011, they've had our number ever since.

Imagine scoring ten runs in a series, all by the long ball.

And two tomato cans in Bundy and Gascan looked like Koufax and Gibson out there this series, I'm sure they'll both **** the bed in their next starts.

And the stooge with the boys regular haircut who was hired to run this ****show looks like a genius with his off season and in season moves.

How a team with a staff like theirs is one game out of first is beyond my comprehension.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the 4,346 home runs they've hit this year and their lights out closer."

--SOSH game thread post #665

If anybody wants a good laugh, go check out the game thread over at SOSH.
This is a guilty pleasure of mine and I fully intend to do so when I get to work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you really want some Schadenfreude then google Blue Jays Message Board and read the Implosion 2016 thread

Archived