vs. Red Sox 9/19

weams

I just get bothered when people aren't looking at all the factors and instead just rip the fans. There are legit reasons why ticket sales are down, it isn't because Orioles don't have any fans.

Yep. If corporations can't afford season ticket plans in this area, what makes anyone think that the common fan will pick up the slack, when they're barely hanging in there as it is.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep...its all about numbers and percentages...if you don't like it, we will get someone in Mumbai to do your job. But I digress...

My wife dealt with IT people who knew what they were doing. The place she works for fired them and replaced them with temp workers who do their best but they aren't nearly as good. Now all that work is outsourced to save money.

My wife dealt with IT people who knew what they were doing. The place she works for fired them and replaced them with temp workers who do their best but they aren't nearly as good. Now all that work is outsourced to save money.

I've worked for four different companies in the last 16 years...from the same desk. Welcome to what's left of the America I grew up in.

Our hearts say the Orioles, but let's face it, look at the two teams, the Red Sox are clearly a better team. I just hope the Orioles can get the wild card, and then get hot in the playoffs.

I don't think the Red Sox are clearly better. I think they were clearly better tonight. Just as the O's were clearly better last Tuesday and Wednesday. I think the 8-8 head to head record is pretty reflective of the 2 teams.

Take notes Adam, that is how you play center field.

Price, porcello and wright is going to be untouchable in the playoffs with that lineup.

Sad face.

Price, Scherzer, and Verlander (and Porcello) was even better, and with a fearsome lineup too--we beat them in the playoffs. So you never know.

I don't think the Red Sox are clearly better. I think they were clearly better tonight. Just as the O's were clearly better last Tuesday and Wednesday. I think the 8-8 head to head record is pretty reflective of the 2 teams.

That's your heart speaking. Their top three pitchers are much better than our top three starters and their 4th and 5th blow ours away, their lineup is much better than our lineup (just look at those OBPs), their SRS is much better, and their outfield defense is a ton better then ours. We have a better bullpen and a slightly better defensive infield. Sure, we've played them tough this year, and that's a credit to this team, and I'm not saying we can't beat them on any night because we can, but as i said back in June, the Red Sox are just a better team overall.

It seems to me that companies offered more perks years ago. At least the people I know. My wife's work has cut way back on that kind of stuff. Free tickets, passes to zoo, etc. Thing of the past.

Since they found Frank Sobatka floating in the harbor, my free perks like O's tickets have dried up.

Archived