This could be our last game facing David Ortiz

Frobby

Career vs. Orioles: .269/.378/.524, 55 HR and 176 RBI in 246 games

2016 vs. Orioles: .333/.410/.754, 8 HR and 18 RBI in 18 games.

I will not be sorry to see the man go. He whined too much when he didn't get a ball/strike call he wanted, even though he got a huge benefit of the doubt over the years. I've always had the suspicion that he used/is using PED's, though it hasn't been proven. But mostly, I've hated him because he's killed us over the years. And that certainly hasn't stopped this year. He actually has slightly worse career numbers against the O's than his overall numbers (thank you, Brian Matusz), but overall, it feels like he has wrecked us many, many times. Goodbye and good riddance.

By the way, there's been no report that we are giving him a parting gift, and I hope we aren't. That phone-smashing thing was classless and I see no reason to pretend we like the guy.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will not be sorry to see the man go. He whined too much when he didn't get a ball/strike call he wanted, even though he got a huge benefit of the doubt over the years. I've always had the suspicion that he used/is using PED's, though it hasn't been proven. But mostly, I've hated him because he's killed us over the years. And that certainly hasn't stopped this year. He actually has slightly worse career numbers against the O's than his overall numbers (thank you, Brian Matusz), but overall, it feels like he has wrecked us many, many times. Goodbye and good riddance.

By the way, there's been no report that we are giving him a parting gift, and I hope we aren't. That phone-smashing thing was classless and I see no reason to pretend we like the guy.

I heard maybe a check to his foundation. David Ortiz Children's Fund

Glad to see him go...now, if he would just take Betts with him.

I heard maybe a check to his foundation. David Ortiz Children's Fund

Someone on 105.7 reported seeing a large check today at the Warehouse or beneath the stands.

Maybe there will be two large checks. One from the O's to his charity and another one from Ortiz to the O's for the phone. At least it would show good humor from him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Our gift to David Ortiz, the exact authenticated visiting dugout phone he smashed on July 27, 2013. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Birdland?src=hash">#Birdland</a> <a href="https://t.co/QygTYmW13m">pic.twitter.com/QygTYmW13m</a></p>— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) <a href="

">September 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived