at. YANKEES, 10/01

Sessh

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Best bullpen in baseball in September? Do you have a link?

We had the best overall pitching staff ERA in September. And our pen was better than Our starters. And actually the best bullpen ERA for the whole season in all baseball (Or maybe just AL).

Been discussed on bee, I'm not digging for a link. Our bullpen was 5th in MLB at the end of August and the great September put it in first.

Crazy day. Family beach week, but had to drive 2.5 hours back home for a gig. So hear first 3 innings on the radio while driving (At Bat), four innings on TV at home and 2 innings back in the car on the way to the gig. Too bad, I was on the road. I felt like kicking something as the game fell apart in the 8th.

Just getting in from the gig at 2am and checking the board. This tie scenario is making my head explode. At least I was dressed for success (hoping for an O's celebration) at the show tonight. That's Peter Holsapple of the dB's (also R.E.M. and Hootie sideman) with me on keyboards.

c4aeb5a71b77e61f69faee76eb9b25f4.jpg

Sorry, I don't agree. The Pen is real deep and O'Day isn't the only guy in there. If Doctor Doom (Buck), does his job, this would have been simple. Didn't work out that way.

The guy I was quoting, Tony-OH, may or may not have been speaking more to that game itself, yet I still largely agree with his view but globally, that O'Day's overall absence this year has made our pen weaker than it had been (outside of Britton). And it got even more sketchy in the second half when Ubaldo was in the middle of his bad run and we removed yet another outstanding pen performer (Bundy) to shore up the struggling rotation. So the abscence of two arms we were counting as a second half bullpen strength made the pen not as reliable as it had been from April - June. While it's hard to say exactly what would have happened, while very good recently, the pen *could* have done exactly what it did yesterday, just an inning earlier. I do agree however, that Buck's moves have been very questionable of late, to the point of making me quite nervous when a starter is struggling.

Archived