at. YANKEES, 10/01

Sessh

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge loss. Probably will affect tomorrow too because Gausman is also a young pitcher who still lets his emotions at times get in the way of execution by overthinking and overpitching and he will be pitching in the biggest game of his life in Yankee Stadium. I would not be surprised to see Jays and Tigers both win out and us go home.

Gausman has been good but I don't trust him one bit tomorrow.

Gausman hasn't been the same since he had the 120 pitch outing against the Red Sox a couple weeks ago. Yeah, it worked out that day but it likely affected him in the following outings because he hasn't been the same pitcher since.

I'll have a few drinks, think about Terps football, watch the scoreboard tonight, and hope tomorrow is better. And someone has to say something to Buck. In my mind this is his low water mark as Manager.

Buck Showalter is what he is. He has his teams playing over .500 baseball, making the playoffs occasionally, but he does NOT win. It's his track records. The Orioles knew this and at that point, desperately needing winning baseball back, it was the right move. The question becomes, do they want to take the next step?

Archived