at. YANKEES, 10/01

Sessh

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This team is just excruciating to watch.

2012 and 2014 were fun. This year hasn't been that fun.

It really hasn't been. It's weird.

There's a weird energy about this years team that just hasn't been enjoyable.

I can't put my finger on it but 2012 and 2014 are infinitely more enjoyable teams to watch.

it's not your fault. it's. not. your. fault.

but seriously, we're going to win tomorrow and go to the playoffs, while these unconscious yankee child-losers get to go to their apartments and order takeout.

Nobody said it was his fault. Of course it's not his fault. It's BUCK's fault! With a bit of Manny and Brach!

You don't need to go to school to learn how to understand baseball. You learn by watching, listening to experienced guys like Palmer when he talks and learning how to analyze in-game situations. Literally ANYONE can do

that and learn to do that well. That doesn't mean anyone wants to be a baseball manager, but for God's sake enough with this sentiment that everyone is too stupid to know anything about baseball just because we're fans

on a message board. If you can't analyze baseball situations, fine. Some of us can and can recognize bad decisions when we see them without having to cop out to the "Buck knows best" arguments. He has cost this team

several wins in September and this may be another one.

You don't need a college degree to be able to understand baseball. All you need is a brain, working ocular mechanisms and a motivation to understand the game and learn as you go. It is not a valid argument to just defer

to someone else even when they are obviously wrong because you have no opinion of your own.

Agreed. Buck has cost this team numerous games with his insistence on keeping his starter out too long. No matter how poor the matchup, Buck is always intent on keeping that starter out there. It's just awful and indefensible. If the Orioles come up a game short, Buck's managing will have to be looked at closely. He can't keep making the same mistakes and then say, "I felt he could get him out".

Buck, it doesn't matter what your feel, you put the best matchup from the 7th inning on and sometimes in the 6th with your starters.

Very disheartening game. It starts with Buck, but Manny and the rest of the hitters deserve a lot of blame too. Brach w/ the assist.

Yes, the offense has been the achilles heel....lots of blame to go around. We had a lot of momentum and now I'm worried about winning tomorrow - we need to get off the mat.

I don't think they are choking. They are probably wondering about these decisions just like we are.

I think Manny choked. And Brach certainly did as well.

Going scoreless against a bunch of no-name relievers is also the very definition of a choke job.

How is it that all of the right-handed relievers on this team have such bad splits against lefties? Brad Brach has a .282 opponent's BA against lefties, Tommy Hunter has a .313 opponent's BA and we all know the issues Givens has had against lefties this year. There's not a single right-handed reliever on this team you can trust to get out an Ortiz or even a good switch-hitter like Beltran.

Archived