at. YANKEES, 10/01

Sessh

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buck Showalter is what he is. He has his teams playing over .500 baseball, making the playoffs occasionally, but he does NOT win. It's his track records. The Orioles knew this and at that point, desperately needing winning baseball back, it was the right move. The question becomes, do they want to take the next step?

Buck has made some questionable decisions but I can't disagree more.

I'm not quitting. Just pissed, man. Buck handled this game like a clueless child that wandered into a movie theater.

Exactly. Nobody is quitting anything. I will be here rooting for this team long after Buck Showalter has gone on to his retirement. But this is not the only poorly managed game he has had this season. Not even in the last month. He lost important games and now a critical game doing this exact same thing, leaving a pitcher in that had no business, none, zero, being in the game. And now when we finish out by one game, he will blame it subtly on the players not doing what they were "supposed to do." He needs to come in to that press conference today and say "I lost that game. Me, not anybody else." Otherwise, he is just another politician talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Brach looked bad against everyone he faced tonight, righty or lefty.

This all goes back to O'day not being 100 percent. O'day was used in mop up yesterday and Brach was in the key situation today. this team really needed o'day to be o'day. Brach is not o'day when it comes to pressure pitching clearly.

Archived