When did you turn the TV off?

Frobby

Related story: Some of you might remember the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, Ohio State vs. Miami. Ohio State locked down Miami's legendary offense and led the whole way, but never by much, and Miami tied it up and sent it to overtime with a field goal. If you remember that game, you remember the call: Miami scores in OT, Ohio State is down 7 in OT, they're throwing it on 4th down, incomplete pass. I was watching in a basement in Ohio with my brother and a few others. We're all big Ohio State fans, and my brother flips the TV off the moment the pass falls incomplete.

Luckily I turned it back on for whatever reason, or we would've missed the controversial late flag and the championship win. :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As soon as Encarnacion's bat hit that ball, I turned it off.

This. You could tell it was gone off the bat.

Losing on a walk off on the road is the worst way to lose, IMO. Getting swept by the Royals in the ALCS hurt but I got over it. The walk off losses to the Yankees in 2012 and now this are going to be burned into my brain forever. One of the main reasons I wanted a HOME wildcard game.

Unfortunately, I was still in a state of shock from Ubaldo even being in the game and saw the whole thing, the celebration and the replays.

To further add insult to injury, I decided to watch the press conference (mainly to hear if Britton was hurt, so I could gauge my rage at the situation). After hearing Buck's inexcusable justification, it left me so aggravated that I didn't fall asleep till 3:45am, which made my 5:15 wake up even more brutal.

As soon as the ball was hit I saw Wieters stand and turn in disgust. I thought about turning it off then, but I stopped and watched the Jays celebrate for a while. Just to get a fresh reminder why I despise that team far more than the Yankees or Red Sox. It's not even close for me.

I was asleep by 11pm. I honestly didn't watch a heck of a lot of O's games this year.

This brand of baseball is just too painful to watch.

I watched every pitch last night until Jimenez came in - I knew how it would end after that. I'm with you on many of the games during the season though. The offense is miserable to watch.

Not gonna lie. Went to bed after the top of the 7th. Was content to watch the highlights when I woke up.

Honestly, it just wasn't even enjoyable. I'd actually have been fine if we had won that one and then be swept by the Rangers, but I wanted that one just a bit too badly.

Archived