Orioles' Roster Uncertain Entering Non-Tender Deadline

PressBoxOnline

5 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I don't see them keeping Flaherty at 1.7 million. IMO the Orioles can get a utility IF that can hit .217 for the minimum. Saving the team over a million to use elsewhere. 

If Flaherty was more productive I could see it. But his bat is almost useless

So who are you going to replace him with?  Is that little savings worth losing the stability that Flaherty brings on defense?  

We have nobody in the minors anywhere near replacing him. Joseph is gone. Janish is a FA. Marin isn't the answer. We aren't in a position to lose what flaherty gives us just to save like 800k. 

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

So who are you going to replace him with?  Is that little savings worth losing the stability that Flaherty brings on defense?  

We have nobody in the minors anywhere near replacing him. Joseph is gone. Janish is a FA. Marin isn't the answer. We aren't in a position to lose what flaherty gives us just to save like 800k. 

I would say Alamanzar is the answer, but then I laughed at myself for even thinking that. 

The more I think about it the more I think that Worley is coming back. At 3.3 million you just can't beat the production he brings. He can fill any role in the pen and spot start. Has a good track record and seems to be a buck nugget. 

Hunter will likely cost more and be less versatile. We can't really trust Wilson or Wright yet. 80 IP of under 3.50 ERA is good deal at 3.3 million. 

I have high hopes for a lot of our relief prospects but they are just reaching AA now. Buck doesn't seem to trust Drake. We shouldn't give up a guy like Worley just because we are going to have to hide Gallardo in the pen all year. 

11 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

A rule 5 all glove no bat player. Even if you can't get one in the rule 5 they are not expensive to get.

Archived