Grander son or Bruce?

Dark Helmet

10 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Neither. This team still has plenty of low contact, high power players. I'd prefer to see RF manned by a defensive whiz, or a Kim clone.

I agree, but Granderson does get OB at close to a .340 clip. I just don't like the idea of offensive holes in LF and RF. Because I see Kim as a DH really. 

5 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I agree, but Granderson does get OB at close to a .340 clip. I just don't like the idea of offensive holes in LF and RF. Because I see Kim as a DH really. 

That's true. He's kind of a Davis-lite.

He's below average defensively. I wouldn't hate Granderson, but prefer defense and contact.

11 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

If you had the choice of the two. Grander son offers a little more of what the Orioles need, but Bruce could be the 2017 version of Trumbo. Would you trade Miley and Givens for either one?

HECK no to Givens, but it's a good idea to think of those two players.  I would think something like Gallardo+ for either Granderson or Bruce.  Bruce is basically a salary dump himself.  Granderson has a little more value because he is better defensively and could play center in a pinch.  Here's the trades that I would do for both:

Bruce for Gallardo.  Maybe toss in a reliever like R.Rodriguez or Yacobonis.  

Granderson for Gallardo, Drake/R.Rodriguez/Yacabonis, Messinger/Cleavinger

41 minutes ago, waroriole said:

That's true. He's kind of a Davis-lite.

He's below average defensively. I wouldn't hate Granderson, but prefer defense and contact.

I'd love to sign Fowler and I think that he would be the perfect fit here. Bit I don't think the Orioles go that route, unless Fowler can be had for something like 4/60. I just fear 1 year stopgap is about the best we can hope for. I wouldn't be shocked if we go after Rasmus again.

23 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I'd love to sign Fowler and I think that he would be the perfect fit here. Bit I don't think the Orioles go that route, unless Fowler can be had for something like 4/60. I just fear 1 year stopgap is about the best we can hope for. I wouldn't be shocked if we go after Rasmus again.

Rasmus is coming off of an injury and fits in way to well with this offense by either striking out or hitting HR's. Pass. 

18 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Rasmus is coming off of an injury and fits in way to well with this offense by either striking out or hitting HR's. Pass. 

I don't want him. Bit he fits the mold. I'd rather take a risk on a guy like Carlos Gomez on a 1 year deal.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/11/2016-17-top-50-mlb-free-agents-predictions.html

A lot of these FA names are too pricey for us.  Carlos Gomez could get 3/30.  If we don't re-sign Trumbo then Matt Holliday might not be a bad option on a 1/10ish type deal.  He traded OBP for power last year.  He put up an OBP 60 pts lower than his career avg.  I think his power would play up at OPACY and he wouldn't have to try to hit HR's as much to hit them.  

Eventually we have to start developing players because this is getting pricey and frustrating.  Our core that we've won with is reaching FA or about to.  Just to get average production on the FA market, at any position, you're looking at 10 million a year.  

Archived