Orioles interested in Curtis Granderson? (Heating up with Brach as a target)

Tony-OH

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Granderson will be 36 next year and making $15M. If I were Duquette I would just try and sign Pagan as the leadoff hitter unless Granderson is also part of the equation with Kim moving to DH. That article says the O's still want to bring back Trumbo as well?

21 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I was an advocate for CG last year when the Mets signed Cespedes and De Aza. Still an advocate for him.

See if the Mets would take one of the high-priced pitchers (Miley, Gallardo, Ubaldo) which they may want after losing Colon. See if one of the pitchers plus Walker would get it done. I would be willing to expand the deal to include Drake if necessary as well.

What do you think Tony?

20 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

I was an advocate for CG last year when the Mets signed Cespedes and De Aza. Still an advocate for him.

See if the Mets would take one of the high-priced pitchers (Miley, Gallardo, Ubaldo) which they may want after losing Colon. See if one of the pitchers plus Walker would get it done. I would be willing to expand the deal to include Drake if necessary as well.

What do you think Tony?

That would be my theoretical trade. 

It's alright but it's just a band-aid.  It doesn't provide a long term solution.  If we get Granderson or Pagan they're just a stop gap for the next year or two while we hover around .500 with an inconsistent offense that's fun to watch when they're clubbing homers but infuriating when they're swinging out of their shoes and getting shut out.

Looks like we're just trying to tread water this offseason.

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It's alright but it's just a band-aid.  It doesn't provide a long term solution.  If we get Granderson or Pagan they're just a stop gap for the next year or two while we hover around .500 with an inconsistent offense that's fun to watch when they're clubbing homers but infuriating when they're swinging out of their shoes and getting shut out.

Looks like we're just trying to tread water this offseason.

All we really need is a good RF glove and SP that isn't horrendous. We get rid of one of Gallardo/Jimenez/Miley for Grandson and I'll be skippy

6 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

All we really need is a good RF glove and SP that isn't horrendous. We get rid of one of Gallardo/Jimenez/Miley for Grandson and I'll be skippy

Why would the Mets want any of them? They probably have the deepest pitching staff in the league.

4 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Why would the Mets want any of them? They probably have the deepest pitching staff in the league.

Harvey is injury prone at this point, de Grom is coming back from a nerve injury, Synderguard is healthy and good, Steven Matz was hurt as well, they lost Bartolo and we have Verrett. They are essentially buying insurance from us in exchange for unloading Grandson, giving them more money to spend. Really, who else do they have that could become starters right now? 

5 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Harvey is injury prone at this point, de Grom is coming back from a nerve injury, Synderguard is healthy and good, Steven Matz was hurt as well, they lost Bartolo and we have Verrett. They are essentially buying insurance from us in exchange for unloading Grandson, giving them more money to spend. Really, who else do they have that could become starters right now? 

Robert Gsellman, Seth Lugo, Zack Wheeler and a couple other guys. They aren't going to trade a good hitter for a terrible pitcher when they have plenty of pitching and no hitting. 

1 hour ago, MDtransplant757 said:

NYM don't need SP. Remember they have Gsellman and Lugo who both pitched to sub 3 ERA this year. With Harvey being the only one who shouldn't be healthy come opening day the Mets are currently 7 deep. I think Mancini would 100% be the Mets target.

Presuming the Orioles are actually interested in bringing Trumbo back, which is another story....

If the Mets want Mancini you trade them Mancini alongside one of the overpaid SP so the money matches better.  They can do whatever they want with the SP, release him even, but that's the pitch you sell them.  Then Trumbo goes to DH long term.

5 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

They would want Mancini. Maybe offer Gassaway?

I would think they would want MLB ready. It's obvious the two clubs have been talking. With the Familia situation, I suspect they are looking for a hard thrower. 

Archived