Orioles interested in Wellington Castillo

Dark Helmet

1 hour ago, Dark Helmet said:

So Greinke struggling, Miller being a bust and injuries were all due to Castillo?

I was not making an argument for or against. Actually the numbers showed last year that his CERA tracked the team ERA. Looked like he underperformed a bit the previous year. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I was not making an argument for or against. Actually the numbers showed last year that his CERA tracked the team ERA. Looked like he underperformed a bit the previous year. 

Oh I gotcha. Sorry. I've liked Castillo for awhile. I still think Wieters is back on a 1 or 2 year deal if Buck has his way. I think DD is ready to move on. I like Castillo upside vs Wieters.

1 hour ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Basically, if seems like Castillo can give you 80% of Weiters' production at 20% of the cost or something like that. You can then spend more money on a RF.

Would you be happy with a drop defensively at C? I doubt Buck would, even just 20%

Don't spend money on a catcher. Let Joseph, Pena, and Perez (if he's not taken in the Rule 5) work it out. If it looks like they can't handle it defensively, there will be catchers available at spring training. Always are.

Focus on the outfield instead. 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

What is Buck going to do if Dan signs him?   Have Caleb start 100 games?

I think most of Celebs struggles had to do with playing time.

just my opinion but I think he would do a ton better if he was and knew he was going to be the guy. Just my 2 cents

20 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I think most of Celebs struggles had to do with playing time.

just my opinion but I think he would do a ton better if he was and knew he was going to be the guy. Just my 2 cents

I also think his injury affected him this season. When it was first reported that he was going on the DL, I wondered if he would be back this season.

Archived