Orioles' Offer To Mark Trumbo Opens Up Numerous Possibilities

PressBoxOnline

Where does Stan get that the Orioles have offered $70 million to Trumbo?  I've seen nothing that says that.  What's been reported is that Trumbo's side has shown flexibility to accept $70-75 million, not that the Orioles, or any other team, has offered that much.

Olney just said we offered 52-55M, he asked for 70-80M, and it's been stalled since. For good reason.

Love Trumbo. But I'd rather go another route. Think our offer was reasonable for a one trick pony that is limited defensively.

57 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Olney just said we offered 52-55M, he asked for 70-80M, and it's been stalled since. For good reason.

Love Trumbo. But I'd rather go another route. Think our offer was reasonable for a one trick pony that is limited defensively.

Yeah I think it's a fair offer, and wouldn't mind him at that price.  All depends on if someone bids higher -- if not, why wouldn't he take that?  That's basically Nelson Cruz's contract with Seattle.

5 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Still it shows the O's were willing to spend 12-13M AAV on him. Given their other needs ,RF,C there might be some payroll flexibility.

Unless it's only available for Trumbo. That's what I think Weams is alluding to. And why I can't stand Angelos.

23 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

One possibility would be the O's keep Trumbo, then add Mancini to Brach in a deal for Granderson and...????

This would be lunacy, That would be 30 million dollars of added payroll. And Granderson for Brach would still require more from them. 

Just now, billw76 said:

Am I the only one that wants to move on from Trumbo? I'd much rather move on and take the draft pick. 

Nope, you are definitely NOT the only one!  

I liked  getting Trumbo last offseason.   I would not be a fan of a huge deal.   A 2/24 or 3/36 deal would be fine, but I wouldn't want to commit more years/money to him.

20 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

This would be lunacy, That would be 30 million dollars of added payroll. And Granderson for Brach would still require more from them. 

That's why I added the question marks. I am not sure what else we would get back, but signing Trumbo would make Mancini available, and Mets would appear to have a need. Not sure what else we would want besides Granderson.

Maybe DD is trying to make the deal Mancini for Granderson and take Brach off the table.

3 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

That's why I added the question marks. I am not sure what else we would get back, but signing Trumbo would make Mancini available, and Mets would appear to have a need. Not sure what else we would want besides Granderson.

Maybe DD is trying to make the deal Mancini for Granderson and take Brach off the table.

Mancini for Granderson is a horrible deal for the Orioles. The many years of cost controlled service is worth way more than 1 year of Granderson not withstanding the 15 million he's owed.

Archived