CLEVELAND OUTFIELDERS

ELMERO

Looks like the only way to get a decent RFer and a Catcher is going to be by trade.  The Indians have an abundance of young outfielders. Why not try to get Naiquin or Chissenhall.  Shouldn't take a king's ransom.  Think DD's thought of this possibility?  Then try to get Catcher Stephen Vogt from the A's.  what do you think it would take to acquire these guys?

Naquin is very good defensively.  I don't know what the fielding metrics say, but I tend not to put too much weight in them.

Also, the WS was a big stage and he struggled.  However, if you don't put him into an outfield with Chisenhall, who may be the worst defensive player in major league baseball they still give a glove to, he would be much better.

Brach should get him, the problem is offensively I don't know if he's not just a slightly better version of Rickard.

12 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Naquin is very good defensively.  I don't know what the fielding metrics say, but I tend not to put too much weight in them.

Also, the WS was a big stage and he struggled.  However, if you don't put him into an outfield with Chisenhall, who may be the worst defensive player in major league baseball they still give a glove to, he would be much better.

Brach should get him, the problem is offensively I don't know if he's not just a slightly better version of Rickard.

I like Naquin better defensively. He passes the eye test more so than Chisenhall. However, I am suspicious that his hitting isn't sustainable at the MLB level. He was a .750-.800 guy throughout his minors career, then puts up almost .900 in his rookie year. 

40 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Brach isn't getting Naquin.

Archived